Well,..it's official Skins'..

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, Ichabod97, fowl mouth, callncut

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:33 pm

:lol: :lol:
Tracker Grizzley
hunter
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: VA


Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Never said he came with the tag back in 91...but he was what I would call injury resistant if there ever was such a thing in the NFL. Notice I didn't say injury proof.
Image
User avatar
Eric Haynes
hunter
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:39 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Tracker Grizzley wrote:ummm...think he said possibility...every player at anytime can be injured during the game..i believe thats what swamp is saying..

You got it Tracker :thumbsup:

Here's something for ya' Track..I've secretly imbedded the link so that only YOU can view it :biggrin: .(wouldn't want any Favre fans to think anything differently of his supernatural powers :wink: )...

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/pi ... ring/13130


While I don't think he has anything "supernatural" about him, his stats show he is the greatest QB to this date, by a very long, long long ways. Peyton has a shot at one of his records I think, but as far as anyone else...it's up to the rookies now. If RG3 can get a little smarter about taking hits, I think he has a ton of potential.
Image
User avatar
Eric Haynes
hunter
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:Never said he came with the tag back in 91...but he was what I would call injury resistant if there ever was such a thing in the NFL. Notice I didn't say injury proof.

I know Eric.
Just jerkin' yer chain :lol3:
:beer:

And truthfully I liked Favre' a lot!,..(X-cept for the cryin' stuff).
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
User avatar
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Gloucester,Va.

Re: Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:48 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:Never said he came with the tag back in 91...but he was what I would call injury resistant if there ever was such a thing in the NFL. Notice I didn't say injury proof.

I know Eric.
Just jerkin' yer chain :lol3:
:beer:

And truthfully I liked Favre' a lot!,..(X-cept for the cryin' stuff).

Except for the crying and retiring stuff. Lol. It was pretty cool of him to make fun of himself in the commercials though.

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Image
User avatar
Eric Haynes
hunter
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Skipping right past the first 90% of this hot mess (I don't have all night), you just compared a guy who at 22 has had both brain and knee injuries in each of the past 4 seasons --and missed significant time due to both-- to a guy who has the league record for consecutive starts to start a career by a QB. If you want to know why I'll likely ignore you going forward, that's a really good example.

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Tangier Island Slacker wrote:I'm not ready to make any steadfast conclusions on the basis of ONE playoff APPEARANCE that came as the result of a 7-game hot streak is all. I simply don't overreact to good (or bad) news in that way, just not my nature. If that makes me an idiot, then so be it.

TIS-
Don't think you're an idiot at 'tall,..in fact,.. believe you're mindset is a good place to be, and is about the same as the rest of us. I don't see where anyone that's posted on here has jumped to some pipe dream conclusions about the future...Most of us Redskin fans are just plain happy to still have the same Flatscreen T.V. set in the end, that we started off with at the beginning of the season..without having a beer bottle thrown clean clear through it, (and Oh!,..beating Dallas once or twice in a season is all thats' ever really mattered and could justify wasting 4hrs of our time each Sunday for 16weeks for over a decade. :yes: )

There's absolutely nuthin', I say, absolutely NUTHIN' wrong with a Redskin fan getting hyped up with the progress that's been made this season. And during EACH of these last 7 games, I myself sat back as a pessimist just waiting for the other foot to drop. I'll be the first to admit I had a very limited amount of faith in the team, (both Offensively and Defensively), that surrounded RG3. Adding him to the team was like pouring perfume over a pig, however, was still very confident of his capabilities regardless, and believe that this guy was the right move..
There's no way that anyone can fudge the numbers, (regardless of ones' opinion), and there's no denying what Robert Griffin has brought to the table.

Respectfully TIS, in terms of outlandish conclusions or representations, gotta' bring this one up-

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:So you're calling it a done deal that trading away several drafts for one player (who happens to be injury-prone) at a time when you have less cap space than every other team in the league was worth it on the basis of ONE playoff APPEARANCE? Allllllllrighty then.

Yeah, I'm not willing to call that a good deal yet. Call me crazy.

Don't think your'e an idiot or crazy,..But do believe you're silly if ya' think there's ONE player,..or ANY player that's ever been drafted in the history of the NFLs' existance that's proven to be "injury resistant".

Cap space or no cap space, NO player is "exempt" from the possibility of being injured,... just ask Peyton Manning :wink:
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Tracker Grizzley wrote:Its funny that flynn would be a good fit for teams that have...peyton, brees, eli, and rodgers...im sure he would be good there. some of the best offenses in the league..remember he was at green bay..had two outstanding games with a great offense.. then went to seattle and got beat out by a rookie..so russell wilson puts up 3118yds, 26td, 10int, 489 rushing yds and 4 fumbles..yep he didnt help them much at all.. :thumbsup: ..remember he is a rookie..

Just one last question TIS..because we will never agree..You still think that we should have gotten flynn and used our draft picks on lineman or other playmakers instead of drafting RG3, Cousins, and Morris?

Next time your sharing WIFI or video games with fletcher or any other skin ask them about the RG3 pick..They named him captain and fletcher himself said I would do that trade again in fact I would give up more to get him..


Were Cousins and Morris drafted in the first 2 rounds of the 2013 and 2014 draft? No? Then just stop.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:34 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Tracker Grizzley wrote:ummm...think he said possibility...every player at anytime can be injured during the game..i believe thats what swamp is saying..

You got it Tracker :thumbsup:

Here's something for ya' Track..I've secretly imbedded the link so that only YOU can view it :biggrin: .(wouldn't want any Favre fans to think anything differently of his supernatural powers :wink: )...

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/pi ... ring/13130


While I don't think he has anything "supernatural" about him, his stats show he is the greatest QB to this date, by a very long, long long ways. Peyton has a shot at one of his records I think, but as far as anyone else...it's up to the rookies now. If RG3 can get a little smarter about taking hits, I think he has a ton of potential.


Since I'm on a roll in this thread, might as well tick off the one ally I've got: Farrrrrv is the second-most overrated athlete of all time, right behind Mike Tyson.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Tracker Grizzley wrote:ummm...think he said possibility...every player at anytime can be injured during the game..i believe thats what swamp is saying..

You got it Tracker :thumbsup:

Here's something for ya' Track..I've secretly imbedded the link so that only YOU can view it :biggrin: .(wouldn't want any Favre fans to think anything differently of his supernatural powers :wink: )...

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/pi ... ring/13130


While I don't think he has anything "supernatural" about him, his stats show he is the greatest QB to this date, by a very long, long long ways. Peyton has a shot at one of his records I think, but as far as anyone else...it's up to the rookies now. If RG3 can get a little smarter about taking hits, I think he has a ton of potential.


Since I'm on a roll in this thread, might as well tick off the one ally I've got: Farrrrrv is the second-most overrated athlete of all time, right behind Mike Tyson.


Ally? Haha, I have none. Seriously, not gonna tick me off. I guess you could say overrated, but it's hard to deny his stats and accomplishments. Hard to over rate the best that there has ever been. I do think he is a baby about a lot of stuff, but still. Mike Tyson was over rated, today...not so much.
Image
User avatar
Eric Haynes
hunter
 
Posts: 1140
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:49 pm

OK, this was a bit harsh. My apologies. I'll probably bow out of this thread for a while. Maybe participate more if/when it gets brought up months down the road.

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:Skipping right past the first 90% of this hot mess (I don't have all night), you just compared a guy who at 22 has had both brain and knee injuries in each of the past 4 seasons --and missed significant time due to both-- to a guy who has the league record for consecutive starts to start a career by a QB. If you want to know why I'll likely ignore you going forward, that's a really good example.

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Tangier Island Slacker wrote:I'm not ready to make any steadfast conclusions on the basis of ONE playoff APPEARANCE that came as the result of a 7-game hot streak is all. I simply don't overreact to good (or bad) news in that way, just not my nature. If that makes me an idiot, then so be it.

TIS-
Don't think you're an idiot at 'tall,..in fact,.. believe you're mindset is a good place to be, and is about the same as the rest of us. I don't see where anyone that's posted on here has jumped to some pipe dream conclusions about the future...Most of us Redskin fans are just plain happy to still have the same Flatscreen T.V. set in the end, that we started off with at the beginning of the season..without having a beer bottle thrown clean clear through it, (and Oh!,..beating Dallas once or twice in a season is all thats' ever really mattered and could justify wasting 4hrs of our time each Sunday for 16weeks for over a decade. :yes: )

There's absolutely nuthin', I say, absolutely NUTHIN' wrong with a Redskin fan getting hyped up with the progress that's been made this season. And during EACH of these last 7 games, I myself sat back as a pessimist just waiting for the other foot to drop. I'll be the first to admit I had a very limited amount of faith in the team, (both Offensively and Defensively), that surrounded RG3. Adding him to the team was like pouring perfume over a pig, however, was still very confident of his capabilities regardless, and believe that this guy was the right move..
There's no way that anyone can fudge the numbers, (regardless of ones' opinion), and there's no denying what Robert Griffin has brought to the table.

Respectfully TIS, in terms of outlandish conclusions or representations, gotta' bring this one up-

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:So you're calling it a done deal that trading away several drafts for one player (who happens to be injury-prone) at a time when you have less cap space than every other team in the league was worth it on the basis of ONE playoff APPEARANCE? Allllllllrighty then.

Yeah, I'm not willing to call that a good deal yet. Call me crazy.

Don't think your'e an idiot or crazy,..But do believe you're silly if ya' think there's ONE player,..or ANY player that's ever been drafted in the history of the NFLs' existance that's proven to be "injury resistant".

Cap space or no cap space, NO player is "exempt" from the possibility of being injured,... just ask Peyton Manning :wink:
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:Skipping right past the first 90% of this hot mess (I don't have all night),

And there's the problem right here, it all makes sense now :wink:
Your honesty has been refreshing, Thanks.

Seems to me you've been ignoring 90% of 100% of what posters present anyhow, however, gotta' give credit where credit is due-
At least you're consistent :wink:

But don't feel alone,..there's many others like you who selectively read small pieces of posts and comment without proper comprehension of what was represented as well.

Tangier Island Slacker wrote: If you want to know why I'll likely ignore you going forward, that's a really good example.

Oh, o.k., :wink: ,..thanks for the "heads-up" :lol3:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
User avatar
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Gloucester,Va.

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tracker Grizzley » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:12 pm

come on TIS...dont take your atari stick and go home...why didnt you answer my post with all your great quotes..where you made such great predictions half way through the season..but then again you witnessed the greatest athlete curry..played atari with all the skins and shared some WIFI with the current players..that puts you on a whole other level..i will just sit back and take notes from your predictions.. :biggrin: see you in a couple months..
Tracker Grizzley
hunter
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: VA

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:OK, this was a bit harsh.
.
Respectfully, TIS, think you're giving yourself a tad too much credit in more than one area, I didn't feel a thing.
Secondly-
Tangier Island Slacker wrote:Since I'm on a roll in this thread

Think the "rolling wheels" fell off for you quite some time ago.

Regardless-
Tangier Island Slacker wrote:OK, this was a bit harsh. My apologies.
.
Apology accepted if that's what you'd prefer.

Tickles me you thought it was though :wink:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
User avatar
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Gloucester,Va.

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:39 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Tangier Island Slacker wrote:OK, this was a bit harsh.
.
Respectfully, TIS, think you're giving yourself a tad too much credit in more than one area, I didn't feel a thing.
Secondly-
Tangier Island Slacker wrote:Since I'm on a roll in this thread

Think the "rolling wheels" fell off for you quite some time ago.

Regardless-
Tangier Island Slacker wrote:OK, this was a bit harsh. My apologies.
.
Apology accepted if that's what you'd prefer.

Tickles me you thought it was though :wink:


Good that you didn't need it, but it's a blanket for anyone whom this entire thread might have irritated so far. Kinda doubt mods/admin like sorting through this, so there it is. This place is so different from others I frequent (where there are few, if any, lines) that I'm just trying to color inside the lines. Not as fun when you can't REALLY put people on blast anyways, so I'm giving it a rest.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Tracker Grizzley wrote:come on TIS...dont take your atari stick and go home...why didnt you answer my post with all your great quotes..where you made such great predictions half way through the season..but then again you witnessed the greatest athlete curry..played atari with all the skins and shared some WIFI with the current players..that puts you on a whole other level..i will just sit back and take notes from your predictions.. :biggrin: see you in a couple months..


I got the Aints dead on, and the long-term success of both the Skins and seachickens is yet to be determined.

All that other stuff is just par for the course of a guy in his early 30s who was born in DC and sppent his teens in Hampton Roads. They're just guys who play hot potato, we're not talking and the Diamandises and Kurzweils of the world here.

Yup, sure will. In this thread, anyways.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:Good that you didn't need it,

It's all good...

Will say this-
If ya' read over 100%, don't skip 90%, give us Yahoo 'Skins fans the benefit of the doubt, and let us (temporarily) relish in the moment, ya' might not have to cover your hiney as much :wink:

but it's a blanket for anyone whom this entire thread might have irritated so far. Kinda doubt mods/admin like sorting through this, so there it is.


:beer:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
User avatar
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Gloucester,Va.

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:34 am

Did anyone hear how the playoffs turned out for the 'Skins?

With several holes all over the field on both sides of the ball, it would be nice to know how it all turned out for them, especially with so much NFL-ready talent at DB and WR available in the middle of the first round.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:Did anyone hear how the playoffs turned out for the 'Skins?

Oh, sorry TIS, we should have reported in-
The Skins' WON the NFC East :devil:
:beer:

With several holes all over the field on both sides of the ball, it would be nice to know how it all turned out for them, especially with so much NFL-ready talent at DB and WR available in the middle of the first round.

Dunno' what's happening with the pics, haven't been checking.
(Scared to). :wink:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
User avatar
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Gloucester,Va.

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:34 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
Tangier Island Slacker wrote:Did anyone hear how the playoffs turned out for the 'Skins?

Oh, sorry TIS, we should have reported in-
The Skins' WON the NFC East :devil:
:beer::


If only there were some way to keep up with things like this. Dates on the comments, perhaps.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:02 am

I heard that the draft is going on this weekend. With so many holes on both sides of the ball and high draft picks being such a great value under the new cap rules, it would be interesting to hear who the Skins took early on.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby old1neck » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:43 am

It's okay TIS, I'd be mad too if my team picked a center with 3rd round talent with their 1st round pick. Maybe your Cowboys will make the playoffs this year... Never mind, they resigned Romo. Lol, you still whinin about the RG3 pick? Skins should've signed Flynn...now that's funny.
What time is shooting time?
User avatar
old1neck
hunter
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:50 pm
Location: Chickahominy River, VA

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:57 pm

old1neck wrote:It's okay TIS, I'd be mad too if my team picked a center with 3rd round talent with their 1st round pick. Maybe your Cowboys will make the playoffs this year... Never mind, they resigned Romo. Lol, you still whinin about the RG3 pick? Skins should've signed Flynn...now that's funny.

:yes: Am enjoying your diplomacy Neck' :clapping:
Do believe the Washington camp is making some sound decisions and trying to "think smarter" instead of work harder.,..even if it meant waiting 51 times.
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
User avatar
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Gloucester,Va.

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:51 pm

old1neck wrote:It's okay TIS, I'd be mad too if my team picked a center with 3rd round talent with their 1st round pick. Maybe your Cowboys will make the playoffs this year... Never mind, they resigned Romo. Lol, you still whinin about the RG3 pick? Skins should've signed Flynn...now that's funny.


Crack, meth, or just alcohol?
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby old1neck » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:15 am

Exactly
What time is shooting time?
User avatar
old1neck
hunter
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:50 pm
Location: Chickahominy River, VA

Re: Well,..it's official Skins'..

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:14 am

Which one of you is this? Be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vndh77xCXzY
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

PreviousNext

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests