How about a Tn pic thread.

Talk about Tennessee duck hunting if you enjoy the outdoors.

Moderators: Preacher1011, duckbumm, duck slayR, Itchy Coyote

Postby possumfoot » Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 pm

for birds taken in Tn?? anyone game??
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Re: How about a Tn pic thread.

Postby possumfoot » Wed May 02, 2012 1:51 pm

wow, almost 90 views and noone is in?? come on people

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Here's my brother with his first band (I've yet to get one). I called it in for him, and he got it on the last hunt he got before he went to boot camp:

Best shoot I've ever had. My buddy and I picked up a limit of mallards in about an hour:

Picked these two up on a hunt by myself before an enraged home owner started yelling at me from across the lake (funny story actually):

That's all I've got for now.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby possumfoot » Sat May 05, 2012 11:25 pm

you say funny story, then give no details??? thats a bummer. :biggrin:

possumfoot
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:34 pm

possumfoot wrote:you say funny story, then give no details??? thats a bummer. :biggrin:

I was hunting across from a park on a point. There are some houses on the other side of the cove about 200 yards away or so. I missed a passing duck that came from near the guy's house. I decided to head home for the day, and as I was walking toward the canoe I heard a guy yelling "GO HOME AND NEVER COME BACK!!!! YOU SUCK." He kept that up for awhile. I started to think about what would really piss him off, I thought about hunting more, but decided I'd put my ducks on the canoe. He saw them, and came out of his house. He started screaming cuss words and then got a 50lb bag of corn. He threw it all in the lake for the ducks to keep them there. He screamed "COME GET THEM NOW!!!" and they all got up. I was hoping they'd fly over, but they didn't. I thought it was hilarious that someone would get that pissed. I laughed for a long time about it. I've never seen anyone that angry before.

That same day there were people fishing in my decoys, and that got me pretty pissed. I was hoping for a duck to fly by and one did when they rounded the point. I shot it and broke its wing and it nearly went in their boat. Missed them by about 10 feet. :lol3: I was really hoping it went in. They said they didn't even know I was there... I thought it was funny though. I bet it's the last time they fish though someone's dekes.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby possumfoot » Tue May 08, 2012 6:23 pm

i would hunt there more!!! expecially if ya get a good freeze.. bust out a hole and kill all "his" ducks :yes:

possumfoot
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed May 09, 2012 5:25 am

This is all I got. Didn't have an exceptional year. Finished the year on a damn good hunt but didn't get any pictures.
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336562736.611235.jpg
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:34 pm

possumfoot wrote:i would hunt there more!!! expecially if ya get a good freeze.. bust out a hole and kill all "his" ducks :yes:

We didn't get a freeze this year, and I didn't get to go back. That was the last hunt I had this year other than our snow goose hunt in MO. I'm not a fan of going alone. I'll definitely be back this year.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby possumfoot » Thu May 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Preacher1011 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:i would hunt there more!!! expecially if ya get a good freeze.. bust out a hole and kill all "his" ducks :yes:

We didn't get a freeze this year, and I didn't get to go back. That was the last hunt I had this year other than our snow goose hunt in MO. I'm not a fan of going alone. I'll definitely be back this year.

this year was odd to say the least.. but i think you get the point i was getting at.. :thumbsup:

possumfoot
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun May 13, 2012 7:59 pm

possumfoot wrote:
Preacher1011 wrote:

this year was odd to say the least.. but i think you get the point i was getting at.. :thumbsup:

I did. I'm just leery of going back after that. If he's throwing corn out for them, they're technically under the influence of bait. I don't know if he'd done it before or not, but I had no way of knowing it that day. I'd hunted it before and never had any problems. Guess he was probably at work though since I hunted during the week that time...

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby monjorrow » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Last day of season in Jan. We limited out but the 6th was getting his band removed :P
monjorrow
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:52 am

banded birds make good pictures

possumfoot
hunter

Postby fullcontact86 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:58 am

i had the very same thing happen to me preacher lol im down in i was hunting down around tellico village out on hwy 444 and my only shot to shoot anything down here is to get there right at shooting time acroos the lake from all those million dollar houses because they know it is a "safety zone". Right at day light i had a couple of hen mallards come in so i shot them both " i too was by myself" about that time some woman all the way across the lake was out on here back pourch just screaming and yelling somethin. I couldnt hear because i was a good 500yrds away from her house. Then she has the nuts to come over and tell me im shooting her ducks and asked me how i would feel if she shot me. Well i have a fully loaded sbe1 sitting there with 3 1/2" kent #2's so i told her to go ahead and draw and we will see who walks away from there. So she goes on back home next thing i know cops are sitting over there yelling at me to come over there. Long story short i was legal and there wasnt a thing she could do about it. Then i continue to hunt there to this day
fullcontact86
hunter

Postby fullcontact86 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Preacher1011 wrote:

Also preacher im just about 45 mins south of knoxville if your dont ever have anyone to go with give me a shout there is always room were we hunt lol
fullcontact86
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:10 am

Westtennduckhunter wrote:This is all I got. Didn't have an exceptional year. Finished the year on a damn good hunt but didn't get any pictures.

Hatchie off of 51?
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:13 am

Preacher1011 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:you say funny story, then give no details??? thats a bummer. :biggrin:

I was hunting across from a park on a point. There are some houses on the other side of the cove about 200 yards away or so. I missed a passing duck that came from near the guy's house. I decided to head home for the day, and as I was walking toward the canoe I heard a guy yelling "GO HOME AND NEVER COME BACK!!!! YOU SUCK." He kept that up for awhile. I started to think about what would really piss him off, I thought about hunting more, but decided I'd put my ducks on the canoe. He saw them, and came out of his house. He started screaming cuss words and then got a 50lb bag of corn. He threw it all in the lake for the ducks to keep them there. He screamed "COME GET THEM NOW!!!" and they all got up. I was hoping they'd fly over, but they didn't. I thought it was hilarious that someone would get that pissed. I laughed for a long time about it. I've never seen anyone that angry before.

That same day there were people fishing in my decoys, and that got me pretty pissed. I was hoping for a duck to fly by and one did when they rounded the point. I shot it and broke its wing and it nearly went in their boat. Missed them by about 10 feet. :lol3: I was really hoping it went in. They said they didn't even know I was there... I thought it was funny though. I bet it's the last time they fish though someone's dekes.

That sort of drama is fairly common on Ky/Barkley also.
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:21 am

FOWLER2671 wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:This is all I got. Didn't have an exceptional year. Finished the year on a damn good hunt but didn't get any pictures.

Hatchie off of 51?

Yep
teddysberna wrote:

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby FOWLER2671 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:42 am

I took a trip and hunted down there a few years ago. Didnt' do any killin as the water needed to be up a few more feet but it's a pretty place.

Tried to sleep in some no tell motel in Covington untill I realized just how much partying goes on in the middle of the week. Thin walls and people coming and going all night with my dog growling everytime made for a sleepless night.
Army Surplus Prostaffer
FOWLER2671
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 am

Covington can be a sketchy place at times. And the hatchie can be on at times. Everything honestly needs to be frozen up.
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby BirdBoy501 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:52 pm

[album]
Wack and Stack em
BirdBoy501
hunter

Postby TnSmokey » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:31 pm

December 2011 Holston River.

TnSmokey
hunter

Postby TnSmokey » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:33 pm

January 2011 Farm Pond.

TnSmokey
hunter

Postby TnSmokey » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:35 pm

December 2011 Double Banded. Seneca, NewYork 2007 and a $100 Reward Band. My hunting partner bagged him. :thumbsup:

Last edited by TnSmokey on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TnSmokey
hunter

Postby TnSmokey » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:21 pm

January 2012 Field Hunt.

TnSmokey
hunter

Postby TnSmokey » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Last Day of 2011-12 Season. My daughter and I .

TnSmokey
hunter

Next

Return to Tennessee Duck Hunting