New to Kansas

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

New to Kansas

Postby Simply2Big » Tue May 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Hey all,

I just moved to Shawnee, Kansas from Missouri for my job, and I was wondering if someone would be so kind to help me out on the "rules" of Kansas duck hunting. The Kansas department of conservation website really didn't have much information on it.

Is there a reservation/draw system in Kansas?

Any general things I should know about duck hunting in the state that may be different than MO?

Thanks! :help:
Simply2Big
hunter

Re: New to Kansas

Postby Max4Holly » Wed May 09, 2012 12:37 am

well, no draw you go to the store by your licence and stamp and go....but I would suggest going back to your homeland no ducks here in KS and everybody that lives here are "Pricks" ( I think it what somebody called us in an earlier thread) Plus you live in joco...Well so do I but living in Shawnee gets you atleast 3 months of hazing on here! oh...Shawnee mission lake holds a LOT of geese go set up there dont mind the joggers and ppl walking their dogs they are used to goose hunters! k, on a serious note...keep your hunting in missouri KS sucks, and to save yourself the trouble and frustration dont ask a single thing about where you should hunt...funny things happen!!!
Max4Holly
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed May 09, 2012 6:31 am

Welcome to this side of the state, no silly quick draws over on the KS side. But I still hunt both sides of the border. Pick up a walk in hunting atlas at wally world in the fall to expand your hunting options. They even go so far as to list what species of game you can expect to find on their walk-in hunting areas. :welcome:
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed May 09, 2012 6:53 am

You know, you can still hunt in MO just like GKR said. There are some really good flyways in NW MO. Dont be afraid to hunt there :biggrin:

Hey ya big palooka, welcome to ks duck hunting :beer:

If you take the time to read the KDWP web site, ALL of the duck hunting regs are there...and my friend, the game wardens DO care here, and they are more than willing to come and look at your strap and see your papers. My best advice: claim your own ducks.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby mudpack » Wed May 09, 2012 6:58 am

TomKat wrote:If you take the time to read the KDWP web site, ALL of the duck hunting regs are there....

That's the first thing I thought of.
Looking for waterfowl regs in a Department of Conservation website isn't very productive.
Try the Kansas Department of Wildlife Parks and Tourism. http://www.kdwpt.state.ks.us/news/Hunti ... as-Hunting

Good luck, welcome to the Sunflower State, and enjoy Kansas' geese!
mudpack
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed May 09, 2012 7:01 am

Max4Holly wrote:well, no draw you go to the store by your licence and stamp and go....but I would suggest going back to your homeland no ducks here in KS and everybody that lives here are "Pricks" ( I think it what somebody called us in an earlier thread) Plus you live in joco...Well so do I but living in Shawnee gets you atleast 3 months of hazing on here! oh...Shawnee mission lake holds a LOT of geese go set up there dont mind the joggers and ppl walking their dogs they are used to goose hunters! k, on a serious note...keep your hunting in missouri KS sucks, and to save yourself the trouble and frustration dont ask a single thing about where you should hunt...funny things happen!!!

Max4Holly, you just went up a notch in my book. You are now offically at notch #1 LOL
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Simply2Big » Wed May 09, 2012 8:25 am

Thanks everyone for the help. I need to get my hands on a map of places I can walk in.

I also love to dove hunt, unfortunatly my wedding is on opening day, might have to reschedule...The wedding that is. :biggrin:
Simply2Big
hunter

Postby Max4Holly » Wed May 09, 2012 10:13 am

TomKat wrote:
Max4Holly wrote:well, no draw you go to the store by your licence and stamp and go....but I would suggest going back to your homeland no ducks here in KS and everybody that lives here are "Pricks" ( I think it what somebody called us in an earlier thread) Plus you live in joco...Well so do I but living in Shawnee gets you atleast 3 months of hazing on here! oh...Shawnee mission lake holds a LOT of geese go set up there dont mind the joggers and ppl walking their dogs they are used to goose hunters! k, on a serious note...keep your hunting in missouri KS sucks, and to save yourself the trouble and frustration dont ask a single thing about where you should hunt...funny things happen!!!

Max4Holly, you just went up a notch in my book. You are now offically at notch #1 LOL

Good....now give me all the info on your honey holes, this ain't internet scouting its internet burglary!
Max4Holly
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed May 09, 2012 12:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah right
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Max4Holly » Wed May 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Maybe you don't understand....I'm kinda a big deal in the joco :hammer: I hire illegals to carry my stuff haha
Max4Holly
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Thu May 10, 2012 7:01 am

MAX4HOLLY you fit in great here, lol!!! :beer:
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby TomKat » Thu May 10, 2012 7:46 am

duckdozer wrote:MAX4HOLLY you fit in great here, lol!!! :beer:

He had a shaky start but has started to grow on me.

Holly, can you get a few of your people to carry my gear on a hunt? Clean the birds?
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Max4Holly » Thu May 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Sure you want Jos-a jos-b or jos-c?
Max4Holly
hunter

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting