ducks

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

ducks

Postby camdenducks » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:50 am

Does anyone else hunt in the Camden and Currituck area. I hunt these areas and I was wandering how everyone else is doing?
camdenducks
hunter

Postby quackhead1978 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:12 pm

Yeah I hunt the Currituch Sound and over in Hertford some. Have seen right many ducks for this early in the season. How long they stay around is always the question.
quackhead1978
hunter

Ducks

Postby camdenducks » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:02 pm

Where at in Hertford do you hunt? I like to hunt in Camden on the North River. I also hunt in Hertford. Today we saw a tone of ducks in the rivers. Hopefully the ducks will stay around but I'm ready for the diver ducks to arrive.
camdenducks
hunter

Postby quackhead1978 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:37 pm

I hunt a few ponds and some of the swamps close to the river. Went hunting Saturday over in the Currituck Sound. Saw a lot of widgeon. Saw the usual local mallards and a few ringnecks and bluebills. Have been seeing a few more swans over here in Hertford though. Hopefully will have a good day on Wed. when it raises.
quackhead1978
hunter

Postby camdenducks » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:16 pm

Yeah I can't wait until after Tuesday. Wens, Thurs, Fri, and Sat will be great days off to go hunting. I have never killed a Widgeon but I have seen one. All I've seen this year is Mallards and Wood Ducks. I'm getting a little tires of killing the wood ducks, I'm ready to kill some other type. A teal or even better a pintail would be nice. I have never even seen a pintail while hunting. Good luck wens, and tell me how you do and I will do the same. It's nice talking to some one else in the area.
camdenducks
hunter

Postby quackhead1978 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:45 pm

Yeah can't wait hopefully this cool front will push down some good birds. I haven't seen as many divers yet though but it really hasn't gotten cool enough either. I did see some ringnecks though this morning over in the Perquimans River. It is nice to see someone else from the area on here. I ran across this site a few months ago and kept checking every once and awhile and got tired of seeing all the negative postings on here. Good luck this weekend and "Lay'em Low"
quackhead1978
hunter

Postby camdenducks » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:36 pm

Today I saw the most wood ducks, they were everywhere! I killed a drake and a hen. Also I seen some ringnecks but couldn't hit any. How was your luck? and good luck thursday.
camdenducks
hunter

Postby quackhead1978 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:10 pm

Not to bad of a weekend here. Hunted North River Thursday morning and saw a lot of woodies and teal. We had a limit by ten that morning. Friday morning went over to Poplar Branch landing. Saw good numbers of ducks but didn't shoot but four that morning. This morning went up the Sound towards the state line. Didn't hear much shooting in the Sound. Didn't see many ducks either. Wrong wind I guess. Usually don't do to good on a SE wind. Did shoot a pair of shovlers though. Also saw a lot of snow geese coming out of VA. Friday evening saw about 1,000 swans heading to the river over here in Hertford. Talked to a buddy this afternoon and he said his party saw quite a few bufflehead today. Might go Wed. if it rains and try to shoot a few black ducks.

"Lay'em Low"
quackhead1978
hunter

Postby camdenducks » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:12 am

Saturday I hunted close to the North River in a creek named Raymond's Creek. It is located on the mouth of the Pasquotank. I shot two mallards (drakes) and a bufflehead (hen). I haven't seen a single teal this year anywhere. When you hunted the North River did you hunt the Camden side or the Currituck side? Where is Poplar Branch landing located? Also I hunt the Yupeum River (forgive the spelling) and there was woodies ever where. I shoot two and a black duck. If you dont mind, what is your name?
camdenducks
hunter

Postby quackhead1978 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:57 pm

When we go to the North River we usually hunt the Currituck side close to Goose Pond. Poplar Branch landing is just a hair north of Grandy. I'll be glad to see next Saturday come. I don't mind deer hunting but its time to get back into the duck blind. Brad
quackhead1978
hunter

Postby camdenducks » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:44 am

Sorry I have not written in a while, been busy chasing the sound of whistling wings! The ducks have finally arrived. We have had great hunts from around christmas to now. We've killed some Wigeon for the first time and a tone of wood ducks. Last Monday I killed a hen wood duck with a band on it. That was great! I'm about to go hunting now so good luck this week and hope to hear from you soon.
camdenducks
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting