I saw cinnamon teal!!!

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

I saw cinnamon teal!!!

Postby Bulldog0156 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:38 pm

South of Townsend right off the highway in one of those little ponds. I saw 3 different drakes for sure. First ones I have ever seen. :beer:
Bulldog0156
hunter

Re: I saw cinnamon teal!!!

Postby Deer Lodge Josh » Tue May 15, 2012 9:31 pm

Been seeing more each year in the upper clark fork valley. Too bad they are long gone before season starts. Saw four on my beaver ponds saturday. One pair hen and drake, then two other drakes acting like they were trying to attract each other. Some odd teal dance. Maybe they were trying to show off to the hen but they were following each other around like some gay teal couple. Seen cin teal on place the past 4 years. Even had wood ducks around saturday. The warm springs ponds complex has more cin teal too. Great bird watching this time of year in the valley.
Deer Lodge Josh
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:35 pm

Those little sloughs along the road just outside of townsend are great places to see Cinnis in the spring/summer. That spot and a couple others always gave me a false impression on how easy it was going to be to get one. LOL

The Centenial valley is loaded with them. I saw 50+ driving through the other day along with just about every other water fowl species. Saw 3 really nice drake bluewings to boot.
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Wed May 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Saw about fifteen hanging with two nice canvasbacks last weekend on a little pond outside Billings. Must have been a hundred wood ducks on another pond.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Hey your moo avitar has some real nice teats
....its like taking x-lax when you have a bad cough. It wont clear up your lungs, but it sure stops you from coughing
phutch30
hunter

Postby 2point » Wed May 16, 2012 9:35 pm

I drove through a local refuge the other day and saw BW teal, GW teal, cinnamon teal, redheads, mallards, gaddies, widgeon, beautiful pintails, woodies, shovelors, and my surprise ducks were a big flock of ring billed ducks. Not a ton of ducks on the ponds, but a ton of species. really cool
2point
hunter

Postby PTROOFER FTFOWLER » Thu May 17, 2012 6:09 am

Yea the mods kept deleting my avatars of girls and threatening to ban me for non family friendly content. Figured everybody loves a good cow stripping. Hopefully bovine tittays goes over better than human females.
I'm the type of guy who "cups" his hand over his butt, farts, and dishes it out like a soup kitchen.
PTROOFER FTFOWLER
hunter

Postby phutch30 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:49 am

Works for me, I used to work on a dairy farm....brings back some fond memories
phutch30
hunter

Postby Bulldog0156 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 am

Saw another pair in Lincoln yesterday. I think they're all moving in from California.
Bulldog0156
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Tue May 29, 2012 11:35 am

me and GThomp saw some wood ducks over here on the yellowstone a couple weeks ago, i hope they stick around :thumbsup:
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby phutch30 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:49 pm

The yellowstone is loaded with woodies through most of it. In my experiance right up to about 3 days before the season opens.
phutch30
hunter

Postby montana quackhead » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:06 am

I saw a fuvulous whistling duck the other day in a kettle pond over here in nodak. Looked a little confused and lost. :biggrin:
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting