Maxus Bolt/Barrel Marks??

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Re: Maxus Bolt/Barrel Marks??

Postby KujoKingHunter » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 am

Before I sent it back I shot about 50 rounds this weekend at ducks. Worked like a clock. Picking up the new one today that davidsons sent me as a replacement. Will let you know what happens this weekend when I take the new one out. If the same thing happens I guess I just have to live with it.
KujoKingHunter
hunter

Postby KujoKingHunter » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 am

Before I sent it back I put 50 rounds through her. She cycled like a clock. Pickin up the new one today that davidsons sent me. Going out again this weekend. Ill keep u posted on how the bolt looks. If the same thing happens again I guess I have to learn to live with it.
KujoKingHunter
hunter

Postby JTrottaNY » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:01 pm

I wonder how that is handled on the backend... I can't imagine the retailer (davidsons) obsorbing this cost. If browning is accepting these back as warranty returns they must acknowledge the concern. A large part of my day to day job is reviewing warranty claims so it makes me curious to know how these are being handled- we can hope your gu s were sent to product quality to investigate further.
JTrottaNY
hunter

Postby motherducker » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:30 pm

KujoKingHunter wrote:Mine has the same exact marks. When i called browning they said it was normal wear. Doesn't look normal to me so davidsons gallery of guns is sending me a replacement this week. I hope the same thing doesn't happen because I am in love with the gun. This will be my second replacement they sent me in 6 months. Thank God for the dealers lifetime warrantee otherwise I don't know what I would do. Browning doesn't care about there products after they are sold. Disappointed with browning. Hope this issue doesn't reoccur. Does anyone have a Maxus without these marks?

What's the story on the new gun they sent you. Is it doing the same thing. I am going to send mine back to Browning. $1200 for this. I'm pissed.
motherducker
hunter

Postby motherducker » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:00 pm

I called Browning technical support and they said this wear is normal and that if I feel the wear is excessive to send it in to them so they can check it out. He said to allow for a 5 week turn around. It is still running fine, it just worries me because it is progressively getting worse. Told him I am in the middle of hunting season and he said just use it until the season is over, then send it in. Will give an update later.
motherducker
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum