On the HOT WAX stuff: It is called Paraffin; wax in a block form.
1. Take a large pot of water, place chunks of "wax" into it & bring to boil.
2. In the mean time "spot pluck" yor ducks ,front & back.
3. Since they have been "gutted"; shove some newspapper up, where it will do some good!! (protect the cavity from wax)
4. Hold duck by head & push body under the hot wax c/o stick, shovel etc.
( Don,t be too long or it will be "done". Ha Ha....)
5. Place the duck on its back more newspapper.
When wax is hard (20 min. ) work & pull the wax away,being carefull not to rip the skin. It really works except for some of the pin feathers. That's where you yell, "Hay Wife,get out here!! Yea,right.... Later...Ed