NR from NC looking for honeyholes

A place to share stories, tips and reports on Nebraska duck hunting.

Moderators: k9horseluvr, Duck Runner, gotduck68415

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:03 am

OK, just kidding!

I've been pondering the idea of visiting Nebraska and maybe trying my hand at shooting a few ducks. I live on the coast of NC and do well on seaducks and divers...redheads, blackheads mostly, with an occasional Brant. I've freelanced ND a few times too. So, I was thinking of hunting public lands and staying out of everyone's way as much as possible. Is it worth it to come out and stumble around and maybe shoot a few ducks. Basically it's just an excuse to come and visit. I drove through Nebraska years ago and thought it was a great place. I don't have a clue where to go, where to stay, or what to see. That's what makes it fun. Just call me the "tourist duckhunter". :yes: I guess what I'm asking is where would be a good place to start looking that had a lot of public lands with a little bit of water on it. Here in the east most of our public lands are full of crazy people and hunts are by draw. Almost a waste of time.

I'm thinking of maybe 2013, depending on $$$. If anyone is interested in hunting seaducks we may be able to work something out as well.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Re: NR from NC looking for honeyholes

Postby waterfowler69 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:23 am

What time of the duck season are you come out and do have boat? The Platte river can real good at times that is where I hunt most of the time not much for public land on the river,the Sandhill lakes can be outstanding at times and rainwater basin is a good place to Pm me more info and I will try to help you out
waterfowler69
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:56 pm

I was thinking of flying out and renting a vehicle. I have a 20 foot SeaArk, but they probably wouldn't let me bring it on the plane. :sad:
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby waterfowler69 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:27 pm

The rainwater Basin would be your best bet for wade in hunts most of the sandhill lakes you would need a boat and the Platte river you would need to hook up with someone.As for the rainwater Basin they need a lot of rain and that is hard to come by this year Teal season in rainwater Basin is outstanding as well as Oct. Neb. Game and Parks web.has some good info on the RWB. Good luck and I hope you have good hunt in Nebraska.
waterfowler69
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks for the help! I'll see what I can do. Where's the best place to eat in Nebraska? :wink:
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby romeocadet08 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Ole's in Paxton, NE
romeocadet08
hunter

Postby YouMadBra » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:02 pm

romeocadet08 wrote:Ole's in Paxton, NE

:thumbsup:
TD Outfitters
Central, NE

Why cant it be Waterfowl season all year long?!!
YouMadBra
hunter

Return to Nebraska Duck Hunting