Duck Hunting Forum banner

Shave her head?

• Give her what she wants (I will shave mine too)

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Give her what she wants (You will shave yours too)

Votes: 72 40.2%
  • Wait until it starts looking bad

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Don't do it

Votes: 2 1.1%

Shave her Head?

97K views 1K replies 165 participants last post by  Cujo1 
#1 ·
As many of you know my oldest little girl (5 yrs old) has cancer. After two chemo treatments her hair has already started falling out some. I first noticed it Monday afternoon, and this morning there was a lot on her pillow.She asked her mom this morning if she can shave it off because it it bothering her. She doesn't have any chunks missing. It is just thinning quickly. She told me yesterday, "yeah dad. My hair is starting to fall out, but it will be OK."

She wants her head shaved. She wanted short hair like her baby sister several months ago before we knew about the cancer.

So, what say you?

#2 ·
and I was worried about what to have for lunch....

as long as she has her head fully wrapped around shaving it being a done deal id let her loose with the razor

#3 ·
Just give you little girl what she wants dad. She doesn't have control over much these days, at least giver her that. Besides, it's actually empowering for a lot of folks in her predicament. And mark me down on my word that I will shave mine for her too. Just let me know when. Prayers still going out for your daughter and your family.

#4 ·
First, know that your little girl is still in my thoughts and prayers every night. I feel for you and your family, but she seems strong and sounds like she may keep you strong as well.

I say let her shave it, if thats what she wants to do.

Hang in there man. I wish the best for your family, and I will continue to pray.

#5 ·
Let her shave her head!! Its hair it will come back I'd much rather be bald then have thinning falling out sick looking hair If thats what she wants to make her feel good go with it

Thoughts and prayers for your family!! :beer:

#6 ·
My mom had breast cancer two years ago, kicked its arse of course, and when her hair started thinning me made a big party of it for her. We went to a local hair salon and invited all the friends and family we could. Had a big turn out and many people took turns getting their head shaved clean. A great time was had and helped her immensely. She went last and my brother, sister, dad and I cut it for her as she had asked. I don't think it could have gone any better, she was happy.

#7 ·
My mother is in the final stages of her treatment. So far she's done great. She rocked the bald look for several months and felt empowered. Now that she is a couple months post chemotherapy, it's coming back. She looks great.

I know a 70 year old woman and a little girl are a lifetime apart, but it's neat to see someone take on the cruddy situation and embrace it. Then own it. Best wishes to your daughter and your family.

#8 ·
Let her shave it, or at least a mohawk or something funny... Shave yours too, I would if it makes her laugh or feel better... Prayers for you and your family though... Hang in there

#11 ·
If it was my daughter, I would give her anything she wanted. Let her shave her head. Shave yours too if that makes her feel better. Maybe you could buy her cute little "girly" hats to wear. Good luck to you and your family.

#14 ·
Seems like the consensus is to give her the razor and tell her to have at it. And I gotta agree. Reading bout your daughter really puts things into perspective. But like Jay said, her being strong and owning, it really brightens my day. May God bless her

#15 ·
jehler said:
and I was worried about what to have for lunch....

as long as she has her head fully wrapped around shaving it being a done deal id let her loose with the razor
so did you decide what you are having for lunch?

teddysberna said:
Let her shave it, or at least a mohawk or something funny... Shave yours too, I would if it makes her laugh or feel better... Prayers for you and your family though... Hang in there
Mohawk? not a bad idea.

i_willie12 said:
Let her shave her head!! Its hair it will come back I'd much rather be bald then have thinning falling out sick looking hair If thats what she wants to make her feel good go with it

Thoughts and prayers for your family!! :beer:
good point willie

and thanks again to all for thoughts and prayers. she is doing well. treatment # 3 tomorrow.
her momma is the one that doesn't have the balls to let her do it, but i'm working on it.

#17 ·
waterfowlman said:
If it was my daughter, I would give her anything she wanted. Let her shave her head. Shave yours too if that makes her feel better. Maybe you could buy her cute little "girly" hats to wear. Good luck to you and your family.
her momma volunteered me to get mine shaved when the time came. as if i wouldn't have done it anyways. i will warn you i will probably look like a big peni5 with ears :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Edit: her mom has already bought a ton of hats and crap like that.

#22 ·
I can't add to what anyone else has said. One thing I do suggest steve-o is to put a thread up on here asking people to post pictures of themselves with shaven heads. Seems like an awful lot of folks are going to do it. If I were here, knowing there were people all over the country shaving their heads for me, I'd feel pretty darn good. I keep mine near shaven, but it's grown a little bit and I'll shave it all the way for her. :thumbsup: Y'all are still in my prayers steve-o.

#26 ·
steve-o said:
i have a poor example of a beard, but i like it and don't feel comfortable with out it. whats the word on a bald head and beard?
I say let it go. Like I said, post a thread up when it happens.

Also, steve, what does she want or need? Does she want a wig or anything? some toys, candy, etc? I'd like to send some stuff later in the month and I'm sure others would too.

I think I voted wrong too. I put I would shave mine too, but I think you were actually talking about you for that option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.