Now look what you made me do

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Now look what you made me do

Postby flight control » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:43 am

Thanks to Indaswamps many food posts, last night my brother and I finally got up the nerve to make our own sausage out of the ducks we had left in the freezer. I combined a few recipes to suit my tastes and rolled out the BEST hot Italian sausages I have ever tasted! Thank you Inda for posting all these pictures and recipes, driving me to try it for myself. :bow: :bow: :bow: I wish I would have tried this 10 years ago.

Then, I read Tomkats post about the UBS in the smoker thread. Before I knew it I had built my own smoker, something Ive always wanted to do.

Thanks guys, the sausage was surprisingly easy to make and the smoker only took about 4 hours to put together. Two more things off my bucket list :thumbsup:
When I die I hope its in a duck blind, that, or shot in the back climbing out of a jealous mans bedroom window.

Team wrecked 'em
Tim Hortons pro staff
flight control
hunter

Re: Now look what you made me do

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:33 pm

flight control wrote:Thanks to Indaswamps many food posts, last night my brother and I finally got up the nerve to make our own sausage out of the ducks we had left in the freezer. I combined a few recipes to suit my tastes and rolled out the BEST hot Italian sausages I have ever tasted! Thank you Inda for posting all these pictures and recipes, driving me to try it for myself. :bow: :bow: :bow: I wish I would have tried this 10 years ago.

Then, I read Tomkats post about the UBS in the smoker thread. Before I knew it I had built my own smoker, something Ive always wanted to do.

Thanks guys, the sausage was surprisingly easy to make and the smoker only took about 4 hours to put together. Two more things off my bucket list :thumbsup:

now...don't stop there....try some of the other recipes. The pan sauteed duck breast recipes are stupid simple to do, quick, and crazy awesome good!!!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby flight control » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:07 am

I had that smoker going for a week! I even grilled some of my sausage in it and used them in a spaghetti, turned out great.

You keep mentioning this dirty rice, What is that swamp?
When I die I hope its in a duck blind, that, or shot in the back climbing out of a jealous mans bedroom window.

Team wrecked 'em
Tim Hortons pro staff
flight control
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:58 am

flight control wrote:I had that smoker going for a week! I even grilled some of my sausage in it and used them in a spaghetti, turned out great.

You keep mentioning this dirty rice, What is that swamp?

this guy lives in California...but even he has figured out how good it is!!!
http://honest-food.net/wild-game/duck-goose-recipes/duck-and-goose-recipes-the-nasty-bits/wild-game-dirty-rice/

I use bacon fat when I'm at da camp. We make dirty rice often... :thumbsup:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:00 am

I also like to saute' the liver in butter in a small pan on the side until just lightly cooked, then I mix it into the rice.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby flight control » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:13 pm

The only ingredient that stumps me is the duck broth. I don't usually just have that on hand. Could I parboil the gizzards and use that liquid or should they be raw for this?

Sorry for all the questions but you seem to enjoy talking food

Team wrecked 'em
Tim Hortons pro staff
flight control
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:06 pm

just use chicken stock that you buy at the store... :thumbsup:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking