Spring snow seaseon in MT

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

Spring snow seaseon in MT

Postby wickedmfer » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:19 pm

This might happen. Never really chased snows but why not hunt them here instead of in the dakotas. What do you guys think?
"X" <-------Best Dog...........EVER!
wickedmfer
hunter

Re: Spring snow seaseon in MT

Postby Troutslayer » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:49 pm

LOL. I've been talking about how awesome that would be for years. 100% on board with this.
Troutslayer
hunter

Postby wickedmfer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:12 am

A buddy of mine talked to the FWP commision yesterday and got unanimous 1st round approval. They said if it gets final approval in august, we'll be hunting spring snows this season. Now again I'm not a big snow goose guy but they hunt them everywhere else in the central flyway so there's got to be some coming back through here. Any reason to take out the dog and the gun in march works for me. I also heard that they are uping the white goose limit in the reg season to 20. gonna be an interesting year.
"X" <-------Best Dog...........EVER!
wickedmfer
hunter

Postby 7grnhds » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Most of the snows that we get here in Montana are not part of the group of snows that are killing the Boreal Forrest, or the Hudson Bay. Ours come out of the MacKenzie delta and there is not much of a over population issue going on there. That is why Montana does not have one and I can not see them having one in the future. I would be game if we did ever see it though.
I am here for a good time... not a long time

if your not wasted....the day is
7grnhds
hunter

Postby tealdog » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:26 pm

7grnhds wrote:Most of the snows that we get here in Montana are not part of the group of snows that are killing the Boreal Forrest, or the Hudson Bay. Ours come out of the MacKenzie delta and there is not much of a over population issue going on there. That is why Montana does not have one and I can not see them having one in the future. I would be game if we did ever see it though.

Are you talking about the geese that move through freeze out lake or the portion of the state that lies in the Central flyway?
tealdog
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting