My New Excel Rig

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Re: My New Excel Rig

Postby MeadowMauler83 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Saweeeeeeet!!!!
MeadowMauler83
hunter

Postby nv brad » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:54 am

Looks like a killing machine you should have a lot of fun with that I'm sure most people are jealous
nv brad
Newb

Postby swampmaster55 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:06 pm

great rig! looks awesome! :clapping:
1648 Wareagle w/ 40 kohler hd sport.. BAMF!!!!
swampmaster55
hunter

Postby WBH » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:04 am

Darn nice rig....now lets see some blood on her.
WBH
hunter

Postby DKDKGUS224 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:23 pm

hey man - I see this post is over a year old... I am about to pull the trigger on this very same boat. the boys on MMT really don't have anything good to say about these things but guys around here have had great success with 'em. all the wardens run 'em and keep ordering them. other than being heavy as $hit I don't see anything wrong with them.

can you give us your thoughts after using it now for a year and heading into another season?

thanks man.
DKDKGUS224
Newb

Postby cutt-down » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:30 pm

DKDKGUS224 wrote:hey man - I see this post is over a year old... I am about to pull the trigger on this very same boat. the boys on MMT really don't have anything good to say about these things but guys around here have had great success with 'em. all the wardens run 'em and keep ordering them. other than being heavy as $hit I don't see anything wrong with them.

can you give us your thoughts after using it now for a year and heading into another season?

thanks man.

The guys on MMT don't have anything good to say about any boat not made in Louisiana or SE Texas! As a co-founder of that site I hate what it has become. I don't even go there anymore although there are still a few knowledgeable folks & you can still get good info on there some. The excel is what many call an Arkansas style boat. Nothing wrong with the way they perform. Weldbuilt, Alweld, Sea Ark, War Eagle, etc been making boats for a LONG time & they do fine. They don't perform as well with a mud motor as a boat made for a mud motor. Take a hard look at EDGE boats! They are built by weldbuilt & the original founder of Excel boats. I'm not pimpin edge but they run & a lot of folks are buying them. Just a thought!
cutt-down
hunter

Postby Trip » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:41 am

Actually, Edge boats are built by Waco...everything else is spot on though.
Trip
hunter

Postby cutt-down » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 am

Trip wrote:Actually, Edge boats are built by Waco...everything else is spot on though.

I meant Waco..........it was late.........lol.
cutt-down
hunter

Postby traydog14 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 am

Great looking rig! Recently purchased a new Excel 1860 swf4v4 with the new Mudbuddy Sport V44. Love my setup!
1860 swv4f4 excel Mudbuddy sport V44
traydog14
hunter

Postby QuackerSmacker498 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:45 am

There's only one thing your missing???? Two playboy models serving up cocktails, retrieving your birds in bikinis, and handing you your next box of shells.... Sweet freaking boat!!!!
QuackerSmacker498
hunter

Postby TexasAggie12 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:17 am

Great boat!!! Recently upgraded to the Excel F4 and love it. Have taken it out for some scouting and early teal hunting and it performed great. Can't wait to take it out for the regular season. Good Hunting!
TexasAggie12
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:58 pm

IMO, the only issue with Arkansas style boats (Xpress Hyperlift models being the exception) is the relatively straight sides (made for running timber) will be very wet should you have to cross open water in a heavy chop/breeze as you and crew will end up looking like drowned pups. Been there, done that.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby malrdmasher » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Absolutely love mine. Don't listen to the haters on mmt. Run it in the skinnys and wide open rough water not a drop of splash water in the boat.
malrdmasher
hunter

Postby BigWater EH » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Beautiful setup, I was on the fence between the Excel & the Pro-Drive for quite some time. I love my PD, but I'm sure I'll be owning one of these as well at some point....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
BigWater EH
hunter

Postby handyandy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:27 pm

I've got a older excel made in 2006 with a outboard on it I love it, I've had it in some pretty big rough water before it wasn't bad if you drove it right.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby traydog14 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:05 pm

I too read over on MMT and see a lot of hating on Mudbuddy and Excel. I have nothing negative to say about the La. produced rigs but I absolutley love my setup. Mudbuddy has been awesome to work with for anything I have needed or had questions on. I have been hunting pretty hard since season has started and have run over and slammed into many logs hidden under the waters surface. the handle has been jerked from my hand on several occasions along with the boat high centering at spots and it is still running hard. I would reccomend Excel and Mudbuddy to anybody. Awesome looking setup.
1860 swv4f4 excel Mudbuddy sport V44
traydog14
hunter

Previous

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds