new duck boat

Discussion topics include Alaska sea duck hunting and other species.

Moderator: badandy970

new duck boat

Postby foggyhunt » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:23 pm

yeah right....I was wishin I had a new duck boat. hey guys, it feels good being on the water again with my black lab. picked up an old '78 alumaweld sled center console with a like new '99 yamaha oil injected 35hp 2 stroker with power trim n tilt. Has a funky trailer that needs side bunks and the keel needs some welding. Had it on the Kenai for 3 or 4 hrs yesturday, and decided to come in from the water rising. It's not bad but the corners of the boat in the back had maybe 5" of water and was starting to seep through the carpeted flooring behild the wheel. : (

paid 5,500. A few guys, 1 being a river guide said he would have paid 5,500 and another reliable source also agreed when I bumped into him in town. I could have bought a 16' lowe and it was a close call but decided to go with this new motor. the motor alone might have went for 3 or 4 grand. Perfect condition, clean as the day it was in the box.

If anyone has some 5' side guide on bunks for sale please let me know. I also could use some 13" trailer tires in good shape. Looking forward to painting the boat camo, inside & out. Gonna try the 10 can spray & stencils kit from Cabela's for only 55 bucks. It would be a lot cheaper than the camoclad vinyl adhesive. although the stuff works good and had it on my pick up before I sold it.

Matt, if you wanted to make some extra money and your welding techniques can keep me dry, maybe you could do this project for me. Are you charging $65,00 shop labor yet? :cool:
Last edited by foggyhunt on Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Re: new duck boat & need guide on bunks

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:16 pm

foggyhunt wrote:
Redneck, if you wanted to make some extra money and your welding techniques can keep me dry, maybe you could do this project for me. Are you charging $65,00 shop labor yet? :cool:

:cool: Ill take $65 GRAND anyday :cool:

LOL. Naaaw man, If I had access to a machine, Id be MORE than happy to help ya out. Im still werkin on gittn mine, they are just so damn spendy :eek:

I shud have one before summer is over (before season) if things go in my favor, so If you cant git someone else to do it by then, remind me and Ill see what I can do :thumbsup:

And by the way, sounds like a nice rigg. You have to sell yer truk to git 'er?

Im lookin forward to the pics :salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby foggyhunt » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:09 pm

hello matt, it's been a mess. I've been in 5 vehicles after trading in my nice truck. had to get my checking acct. straightened out and did so when trading into an '06 gmc sierra ext cab with 3k back. after 1 week in the sierra, I decided having a boat for me and the dog was more important than just driving around in a new truck.

traded out of that into a real nice 2000 F350 in green metallic and 6grand back in cash but the 10 mpg was too much for me to bear so I traded away my 1 ton and 5 grand for another new sierra 1500 but after bringing the truck home, hours later I remembered and also realized that I completely forgot that I had to keep full insurance coverage when you have a lien on a vehicle. I couldn't afford the 160.00 per month insurance so after driving it with only 200 miles, I turned it in and was into a chevy suburban with a 3grand balance.

Then I was really crazy....I sold that to a dealer, for 13k, minus -3,000 I owed and got 10. bought that boat for 5,500 which left me with 4,500 for a truck. found a big old tank of a chevy suburban 2500 with 212,000 and a redone front end, and other things.

I have a guy who might be trading me his dodge diesel truck for my mamma beast that seems to run and run. It was a californial govt issued suburban with only 1,500 of them made that year in '93. came with an extra set of new studded tires and the one's on it now are in great condition. Feels rough driving around in such a used vehicle compared to what I was in. Back in spring, when I first started thinking of selling, it was hard to live with the fact that i'd be downsizing into an older vehicle if I wanted some cash left over for a nice boat. It's too bad I didn't get over the being spoild part months ago or I would have had a really nice dodge truck from that dealer who still has it and a much bigger boat.

EXHAUSTED :pissed:
"Blend in or go hungry"

foggyhunt
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:47 pm

foggyhunt wrote:hello matt, it's been a mess. I've been in 5 vehicles after trading in my nice truck. had to get my checking acct. straightened out and did so when trading into an '06 gmc sierra ext cab with 3k back. after 1 week in the sierra, I decided having a boat for me and the dog was more important than just driving around in a new truck.

traded out of that into a real nice 2000 F350 in green metallic and 6grand back in cash but the 10 mpg was too much for me to bear so I traded away my 1 ton and 5 grand for another new sierra 1500 but after bringing the truck home, hours later I remembered and also realized that I completely forgot that I had to keep full insurance coverage when you have a lien on a vehicle. I couldn't afford the 160.00 per month insurance so after driving it with only 200 miles, I turned it in and was into a chevy suburban with a 3grand balance.

Then I was really crazy....I sold that to a dealer, for 13k, minus -3,000 I owed and got 10. bought that boat for 5,500 which left me with 4,500 for a truck. found a big old tank of a chevy suburban 2500 with 212,000 and a redone front end, and other things.

I have a guy who might be trading me his dodge diesel truck for my mamma beast that seems to run and run. It was a californial govt issued suburban with only 1,500 of them made that year in '93. came with an extra set of new studded tires and the one's on it now are in great condition. Feels rough driving around in such a used vehicle compared to what I was in. Back in spring, when I first started thinking of selling, it was hard to live with the fact that i'd be downsizing into an older vehicle if I wanted some cash left over for a nice boat. It's too bad I didn't get over the being spoild part months ago or I would have had a really nice dodge truck from that dealer who still has it and a much bigger boat.

EXHAUSTED :pissed:

I have a '91 Suburban that me and my buddy fixed up Ill sell ya fer 3 grand :mrgreen:

Sorry to hear bout that.... man. Thats a LOT of vehicles :eek:

But dont do that to me... keep w/ the bowtie or the blue oval. Fergit that dodge talk :thumbsup:

Still anxiously awaiting piks of the (TWO) Riggs
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby foggyhunt » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:45 am

oh geez, furget the two rigs stouff. nothing but rookie league stuff now. I was in no hurry to find me a used truck but then...I can't wait for ever to get to town either. I walked from Kenai me and my dog all the way to eagles nest bar and got a ride from there from a real nice young kid from anchorage who was over here working. Today, i saw a '96 dodge 2500 with only 110,000 miles with a camper shell for only 6,500. Would I have ever made out had I just had a few more bucks and saw him 3 days earlier.

I took the boat over to Atec to have them guys sew it up fur me by friday. Matt, your welcome to fish the kenai with me if you get over here. If you have a dog, your welcome to bring.
Last edited by foggyhunt on Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Blend in or go hungry"

foggyhunt
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:35 pm

foggyhunt wrote:
I took the boat over to Atec and them guys will sew up my boat fur me by friday. Matt, your welcome to fish the kenai with me if you get over here. If you have a dog, your welcome to bring.

When you goin fishin?

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby foggyhunt » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:13 pm

all weekend long. i'm able to fish 7 days a week at this time
"Blend in or go hungry"

foggyhunt
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:27 pm

HMMMM, gimme yer address and Ill google map it, and see how far away it is. Id LOVE to go down and meet ya , git a lil fishin in too.

But it all depends, Ill need to see how far away it is, the 'ol man might not want me to spend that much $ :mrgreen:

Also, IF i was able to go, would I be able to stay for maybe one night? that way we kud git as much fishin as possible in?

Lemme know.
-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Return to Alaska Duck Hunting