Moving to AZ in the Fall

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Moving to AZ in the Fall

Postby Riverjumper » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:58 pm

Hey there, I currently live in CO but have never been here for a hunting season. For the last 4 seasons I have been in the Great state of Kansas. I know that Kansas and Great should not be used in the same sentence ever! But I am talking about the hunting out there. Anyways, I am going to be moving to Gilbert/Mesa in the Fall and would like to get on some ducks and geese. What is the area like? I will also be looking for some guys to go with too. shoot me a PM!
Riverjumper
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:16 pm

Welcome aboard and check your pms. Geese, thats like slot machines here. Ducks I think we can help you.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Riverjumper » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:38 pm

I am now here, and have been for about 4 weeks, Have not had a chance to do much research on where to go. I am in Chandler. Where do I go to get a license/stamps? In KS, we could go just about anywhere. If anyone wants to hook up for a day, I would greatly appreciate it, this desert thing is kinda weird so far, I am used to the -10 hunting days.
Riverjumper
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:55 pm

Welcome. First off for your stamps head to Walmart, sports authority, sportsmans warehouse, cabelas, i'm sure there are others but don't know off hand. Some places don't have federal stamps on hand and you might need to hit the post office. Walmart had one when I was there this year, not last. Its touch to explain how to hunt here. it really is as simple as getting a map of the national forests, as in Coconino and Tonto. Then you need to drive to rivers, and lakes, and search for tanks to jump. It will take some driving in the desert. There are others with so much more knowledge then me its sick. I just keep searching and searching. I have some honey holes, and I go to the popular places. Drop me a pm and I can try to send you in the right directions. What part of chandler you in.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby mr.smith » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:09 pm

Riverjumper, the name certainly fits for our kind of duck hunting out here. Like Light said, get a map. Make some friends and go explore. The season is here up north. A week and a half more til the desert zone opens and then you'll be able to hunt closer to home. Most of our desert lake arent great for waterfowling as they are deep and largely devoid of vegetaion. There are a couple that do alright though. Check out AZGFD.gov they offer a lot of the more known places on their site. It will be very different but I dont think you will be disappointed. Welcome.
That's Quacktastic!
mr.smith
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting