Smoked Goose Breast Ideas?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Smoked Goose Breast Ideas?

Postby aboz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Hey folks, Was wondering if any of you have a good smoked goose breast recepie you would like to share? I am looking to slice it thin and throw it on some sandwiches. I have tried it before with a soysauce, and herb brine and smoked it with cherry wood chips which was good. But I am looking for a real keeper. :thumbsup:
take em
aboz
hunter

Re: Smoked Goose Breast Ideas?

Postby Docholliday » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:53 pm

One step further - Some of the best jerky I've made was with goose. Canadian.
But slow smoked until med-rare like you are doing is really good too. I like to use jack daniels and coke for my 24hr marinade.
Docholliday
hunter

Postby dbrown57 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:30 pm

ive got a great one for absolutly any wild game but its best on malard and goose. 1 cup olive oil in a sauce pan bring to a slow simmer. add 1table spoon crushed rosmary, again slow simmer to release oils from rosemary. add .5 cup worcesteshire sauce. stir. season goose or duck with salt, pepper and cayenne(if you like spice) baste with sauce repeatedly on grill or smoker. i prefer to smoke with black cherry(prunus serotina) adjust baste parts to your taste if youd like. slice and put on sadwich with tomatoe and spicy mayo( 1 part mayo .5 part louisianna hot sauce) best sandwich you will ever eat, hands down :thumbsup:
PRO STAFF FOR CRITTER DONE GAME CALLS
dbrown57
hunter

Postby MacAttack » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am

This is one that I use for ducks and geese, it is delicious. Since goose breasts are thick and I smoke them with ducks, I cut them in half so they are not as thick.

1 heaping table spoon kosher salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp whole peppercorn
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground mace
1/4 tsp ground corander

combined all in mincer and mince.

Add to 1 cup apple cider
1/2 cup madeira (Port wine) - different port wines will effect the taste, find a good port wine.
1 1/2 cup water

*edit* I let the meat sit in this mixture for 24 hours.
MacAttack
hunter

Maricopa Locksmith

Postby CvuodiMcd12 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:45 am

It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!
Marlborough Locksmith
CvuodiMcd12
Newb

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking