Sept 1-8 Goose

Post your views on the Wyoming duck hunting forum.

Sept 1-8 Goose

Postby darb79 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Anyone else getting ready for early goose? I think my wife is more ready for it to get here than me. She is getting pretty sick and tired of me walking through the house in full camo and singing with my goose calls. I have a couple areas that I need to talk to the farmers still but I do have a couple other spots in my back pocket for the opener. I also have a group that is in the field next to my house about every third day so that will be an easy picker after work one day.
Also been working the pup pretty hard over the last month to get him ready for the opener. With how he is working out just in practice I cant wait to get him on the hunt.
Another reason that I am stoked for the early opener is that my oldest daughter is able to hunt wyoming birds this year (she has been running around with her goose call to). At the end of last season I learned that youth (without hunter ed card) can hunt migratory birds with a licenced adult. She was heartbroken that we didnt find it out earlier last season but is really excited for this year.
If a man is alone in a duck blind and no woman can hear him... Is he still wrong?
darb79
hunter

Re: Sept 1-8 Goose

Postby loner » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:11 pm

your poor wife, two of you with goose calls!!!!!!!

good luck early season, post some pics.
loner
hunter

Postby darb79 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:14 pm

Well tomorrows the day and it is shaping up to be a typical early goose season. Three weeks ago the birds were on ground that I have permission to hunt, nice areas one with a large pond and a perfect hide (not to mention only walking distance from home). But for the last week and a half most of the birds have been on ground that I cant get on, and they have had no pattern they have been following. A few birds here in there are hitting the river, but no place specific or specific times. At least it is a long weekend to get some chasing in. :thumbsup:
If a man is alone in a duck blind and no woman can hear him... Is he still wrong?
darb79
hunter

Postby mojo coot » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:34 pm

How was it did anybody get into the birds
mojo coot
hunter

Postby darb79 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:42 pm

It was a bust weekend for me. Saturday the heavens opened up and made for a day of misery (how I missed it). I ended up getting called in to work till 2am that morning so I had a late start anyways. I saw one other group of hunters at their set that I watched a big group decoy on them. Today I took my boy out with me looking for a group to jump and found one but it busted us before we could get close. We did find a few doves out in the sage flats though.
Attachments
DHC.jpg
DHC.jpg (77.38 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
darb79
hunter

Return to Wyoming Duck Hunting