Duck Hunting Forum banner

Drought and Duck Season

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  MODuckkiller 
#1 ·
With this Drought that is hitting most of the Midwest states what sorts of things should be expected come Duck Season?
Many field wont have much in the way of food same for many ponds and creeks lowlands that have dried up . Assuming things do not change much I would think the rivers and lakes will be about the only areas holding Birds. Any thoughts?

#6 ·
Cougar125 said:
2 things birds need...Food...Water. If you can find 1 or the other you should be good.
most any water source will have a food source. it may not be the preferred food source of the species, but they will have something to eat...even pond scum has value to a duck. :thumbsup: They may not stay long though and only move through looking for a better food source.

#9 ·
Fowlobsession said:
kb9zgb said:
With this Drought that is hitting most of the Midwest states what sorts of things should be expected come Duck Season?
Many field wont have much in the way of food same for many ponds and creeks lowlands that have dried up . Assuming things do not change much I would think the rivers and lakes will be about the only areas holding Birds. Any thoughts?
well ive come up with a prediction for my area.. the mallards are gonna be lookin for corn to feed on and if you have any your in business.
I bet that took all of your junior high education to formulate didn't it?

#10 ·
Haha it's you again! The grammer police, I thought you had left and did some research on duck hunting or something. You get mad becuase you were wrong on the last thread and had to come back and attack me over the internet?

#11 ·
Fowlobsession said:
Haha it's you again! The grammer police, I thought you had left and did some research on duck hunting or something. You get mad becuase you were wrong on the last thread and had to come back and attack me over the internet?
:lol3: Wrong? No. Giving good advice to keep one's mouth shut about info that could potentially incriminate one's self? Yes
Go ask some more people about instagram. :lol3:
Stick around, you'll get your grammar police. And as far as a little razzing on this forum, if you can't handle some from me-good luck when you get on the wrong side of some of the other members of this site. :lol3:

#12 ·
MODuckkiller said:
Fowlobsession said:
:lol3: Wrong? No. Giving good advice to keep one's mouth shut about info that could potentially incriminate one's self? Yes
Stick around, you'll get your grammar police. And as far as a little razzing on this forum, if you can't handle some from me-good luck when you get on the wrong side of some of the other members of this site. :lol3:
Uh oh.. I should probly leave DHC to avoid all the "razzing". Haha I hope you approved of everything you saw when you searched my posts. See ya! :hi:

#13 ·
Fowlobsession said:
MODuckkiller said:
Fowlobsession said:
Uh oh.. I should probly leave DHC to avoid all the "razzing". Haha I hope you approved of everything you saw when you searched my posts. See ya! :hi:
I never said leave, but if you get all butt hurt by a comment from me, you're in for a treat. Half the people on this sight would eat your lunch. Trust me-I know this from experience.
:lol3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.