Homemade Boat Pods

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Homemade Boat Pods

Postby CountryRN » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Has anyone played with making homemade boat pods. I have a 1236, (and I Know It is not an easy or suggested thing to do) but I would like to put a small set of pods on it. I have an 4hp motor and hunt/fish very shallow areas with it. The motor pushes the boat fine and will get up on plain and run about 10-13mph. I just want to give it a little more assistance with starting off.

boat.JPG
ImageCyberscouting Image
CountryRN
hunter

Re: Homemade Boat Pods

Postby bubba57 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:00 am

I have seen an article about pods made of plywood and fiberglassed. They had a pvc screw in lid on top for access to bolt them to the transom. I cant remember where I saw this, May have been on this site.
THE PRIDE OF HASKELL COUNTY OKLA.unknown in other parts of the world
"FLY YOU LEAD CARRIN BASTARD" ( My dad, 1919/1997)
bubba57
hunter

Postby handyandy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:23 am

if you can weld aluminum shouldn't be to hard to do use some old scrap sheet aluminum.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:18 am

bubba57 wrote:I have seen an article about pods made of plywood and fiberglassed. They had a pvc screw in lid on top for access to bolt them to the transom. I cant remember where I saw this, May have been on this site.

Jehler talked about his bolted on wooden pods on this site. Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby CountryRN » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks Lost. Think I will shoot him a PM to see if I can get some details.

Just acquired a free yamaha 8hp 4 stroke from a family member that wanted to up power her boat. It weighs right much more than my 4hp so pods may be a must.
CountryRN
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting