Miami valley hunters

Post your views here in the Ohio duck hunting forum. From lay out boat hunting on Lake Erie to the fields and rivers of OH.

Moderators: Ohio Wildfowler, andrew_kirby, jsa, cartervj

Miami valley hunters

Postby bflow08 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:03 am

Hello to all my fellow Miami valley duck hunters. I am heading to North Dakota this year for a duck hunt, we currently have me, my father, and a buddy of mine confirmed for the trip. One of my other buddies had other things to do so he can’t go. We will be hunting the Ashley ND area, we already have a place booked and the dates are drive up late 09 Nov or early 10 Nov, and leave there Friday 17 Nov after a morning/late afternoon hunt. We have a house confirmed for rent and that is 30 per man. I have just about all the stuff we would need but if you have some stuff to contribute that’s a plus. I’m looking for 1 person, possibly 2 but no more than that. The cost for tags there will run you around 100.00, gas is going to be around 150-175 depending on how we split it and if we have to take 2 vehicles, plus your food so you’re looking about a total cost of about 550 for 6 great days of ND hunting. A little back ground on me, im in the USAF at WPAFB im 23 years old. I grew up in Indiana and have been hunting waterfowl for about 5 years. My father is 51 he's just a good guy although he doesn’t have to much waterfowl experience, but hunts other things. My buddy is the same age as me, lives in Indiana and we got into waterfowl about the same time. I’m not trying to take a first year hunter to ND this is not the place to try and teach someone the ways. I’m all for introducing new people to the sport, but this is not the place for that. The age of someone isn’t a factor but at least have some experience. This is not a guided hunt I am going to freelance, im confident in m ability to get onto birds daily, im no slouch when it comes to scouting, we all live in Ohio so im sure you know what im talking about, it’s tough here most of the times. If you don’t know about the ND duck hunting reputation then you probably shouldn’t contact me. But this is an opportunity for me to make some new friends and contacts in the area and having fun while doing it. Ill obviously want meet you, and you meet me before any commitments are made, we may even be able to do some early hunting. If anyone is interest feel free to send me a PM and include alittle about yourself and we will hopefully become friends and share a great week of hunting.
Bryan
Active USAF
When you have spent a missed season in the sandbox of the middle east.. you learn that every hunt, good or bad, is a vacation well worth the time and effort..
bflow08
hunter

Re: Miami valley hunters

Postby bflow08 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:16 am

365 views and no one wants to kill ducks?
Bryan
Active USAF
When you have spent a missed season in the sandbox of the middle east.. you learn that every hunt, good or bad, is a vacation well worth the time and effort..
bflow08
hunter

Postby ThePro » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Hey man,
I go to north dakota every year sometimes twice they just dont know what they are missing
ThePro
hunter

Postby bflow08 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:14 pm

lol i hear that.. you see most people on here looking for a buddy to hunt with and a place to go.. hell im inviting someone to go with me to one of the best spots in the nation and all they need to bring is thier gun. i mean 3 is enough to go and kill a good amount but i thought i would atleast extend an invite because 4 would be better
Bryan
Active USAF
bflow08
hunter

Postby jsa » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Sounds like a good trip, I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless of group size. As for me, I just got back from Alaska and I'm headed to Colorado in December. I couldn't consider another trip this year.
jsa
State Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Alaska?!? What were you doing out that-a-ways?
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby goldencan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:39 am

I lived in NoDak for a few years and know how good the hunting can be. Hope the weather cooperates with you. If so you should get into the birds pretty good.
Good luck,
Dan
goldencan
hunter

Return to Ohio Duck Hunting