Duck Hunting Forum banner

What Shell do You Shoot?

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Tealer 
#1 ·
Figured I would try to bring some life to the forum. Also just curious what everyone in our state shoots? Out of my Bennelli I shoot either Winchester Expert 3" 2's, or Blackcloud 1's or BB's for Geese.

#6 ·
aboz said:
Does Bi-Mart sell cheap boxes of the fasteel all across the state, because here it's cheap.
Yes, if it is an ad item, it is all of their stores. I had to get some shells while on a coast hunt last season. The closest store I knew for sure was in Lincoln City. They had $10 ad running in the coupon book, just the same as the rest of the stores. I'm guessing that probably saved me 20-30 bucks on that trip. Since I had to go through that area anyway, it didn't cost anymore in gas to stop on the way through.

#7 ·
Browning silver

Winchester xpert 3'' #3 and kent fasteel 3'' 2 & 3's for ducks mostly. I get gift cards for xmas and my bday all the time and with them ill get some Blackcloud #3's and the occasional box of hevi shot 4's.

For geese I use 3" bb's. We as a group dont target geese specifically that often. So whatever brand is on sale at the time.

#11 ·
Blackclouds 3" #3, Hevi metal 3- 1/2" #2's. both of these pattern well out of my Berretta. Kents had holes all thru the pattern for me. Doesnt seem to matter, i can miss the same with any shell i load. The thing that i have noticed was the clean kills. Hardly any cripples. I made some long shots with the hevi metals and it killed them dead (somtimes a little too dead).

#16 ·
Taggin Turkeys said:
This year I bought two cases of black cloud bb's 3inch 1/1/4 for everything but I shoot high 60 yds. :grooving:
WEAK! Where I come from 60 is a gimme. If you were a true skybuster you would step it up to at least 75. :rolleyes: Course I use a 3.5 inch lead reload so that range is well within my range. You can pm me for the recipe. :wink:

#17 ·
I shoot the Remmington 1 1/4 oz 3"#3 for ducks, and have taken my fair share of closer honks with them, and 3" or 3 1/2" BB for hunting geese.

I will say, this will vary a ton based on your specific gun... not brand and modle, but actual gun! Both a friend and I have identical guns, but his patterns #2's better and had big holes in the pattern with #3's, my gun is just the opisite. Both shooting modified chokes.

If I get Kent, then I have to go with #4's for duck, and they pattern better than the #3's.

Seems like I am the only one I talk to around here that patterns thier guns..... make a huge difference!

#18 ·
JON said:
Taggin Turkeys said:
This year I bought two cases of black cloud bb's 3inch 1/1/4 for everything but I shoot high 60 yds. :grooving:
WEAK! Where I come from 60 is a gimme. If you were a true skybuster you would step it up to at least 75. :rolleyes: Course I use a 3.5 inch lead reload so that range is well within my range. You can pm me for the recipe. :wink:
How did I miss this post?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.