Duck Hunting Forum banner

Homemade wakemaker???

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  rebelp74 
#1 ·
Anybody tried to make a homemade wakemaker yet? Any ideas

#4 ·
Maybe the 3 of us need to get together, do a little R&D then fab that baby out, market it, sell thousands to waterfowel hunters, make millions of dollars, and then get our own reality show and become world famous duck huntin icons.

Our we can meet at a beer joint, draw it out on a napkin, build each one of us one and be happy.

It's what ever you guys wanna do.

#7 ·
I'm making a wake-maker or what we call an ice-eater. It will make motion in a small area and keep a little hole from freezing. Mounted a 3-speed trolling motor inside a piece of pipe and it works great. Supplying juice will involve either a generator with a 12-volt power supply and/or multiple 12-volt batteries.

#8 ·
I'm making something similar to a wake maker, but its more of a Duck Thang. I used an old blower motor out of a 98 Ford Explorer and made a circuit board to control the speed of the motor. That part works flawlessly, the problem I'm running into is the belt that pulls the ducks. The leads to the ducks are wrapping around the rope I'm using as the drive belt which then causes the pulleys to throw the belt off track. What are you guys using for a drive belt? I have access to old conveyor belts that i can cut down and i think that will solve my twisting problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.