Half Breed vs I5KLR

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Half Breed vs I5KLR

Postby goosecaller » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Both high pitch calls, what are the main differences and what do you like/dislike about them?
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Re: Half Breed vs I5KLR

Postby dsm16428 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:26 pm

I-5 runs like any other short reed. The Half breed can and does generally take a bit more skill and slightly different technique to run. The Damphir runs NICE! TC guts run easy and sound great in that call!
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Re: Half Breed vs I5KLR

Postby the cashman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:34 pm

I'd recommend calling hunter at the shop and talking to him about the damphir. That call was kinda his idea and he's run it for a little while now. I bought one of the prototypes and have been very happy with it. Hasn't come off the lanyard since she went on and will be the first call I reach for in the early season! As for the I5, I've never run it, so I obviously can't comment, but I know I dig the halfbreed d. The original is a bit different, some guys struggle with it a bit, so if I went that direction, I'd go "d"
N.O. Guide Service: D.D.F. Division Supervisor

Team J.Mc All-Stars

"A duck call in the hands of the unskilled is one of conservation's greatest assets" ~ Nash Buckingham
the cashman
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum