one man blind

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

one man blind

Postby wooduck99 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:07 pm

anybody have some tips or ideas on how to make a cheap blind big enough for one person.
wooduck99
hunter

Re: one man blind

Postby handyandy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:32 am

hammer some sort of post into the ground old 2x4's t post whatever you may have wrap it with some that you can easily attach grass and brush to like land scape netting or something.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:49 am

Portable or permanent?

I make and use portable blinds out of several things. I have one blind, portable, that I use in the marsh made out of a tennis net that I got from the rec dept of the city years ago that had a few holes in it. I attached 5 1x1 inch poles/stakes in the net for support and wove phragmites (bull rush) in the net. I roll it up and wrap a bungee cord around it for portability. It will hunt two persons easily. It is about 25 feet long.

I also made a portable blind that I use in the wheat fields up in Canada. It's made out of ten pieces of 10' emt conduit that I bent into "n" shapes with a conduit bender, 3 1/2 ft. tall. I secured some mesh panels that I got from AeroOutdoors to the conduit with plastic ties and hooked each two panels together with large plastic ties so as to hinge. The 5 sets allow me to set up the blind with 4 panels across the front, one on each end and 4 across the back. The legs are slipped over stakes that I made by welding two spikes together at the heads with a washer welded between. This allows the panels to stand up. I attached maleable wire to the mesh where I place whatever natural camo I wish to use. I normally use willow bushes limbs. I also just made a 25 foot length of fishing net where I attached broom straw that I can drape/bungee around the panels which will look more like wheat straw for this year's trip up to Canada. We can hunt 3 comfortably, 4 squeezed together. 3 sets of panels would be just right for 1 person.

Click to enlarge
Larrys 2008 Pics 101-2.jpg

EMT Conduit Blind with willows attached
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby jeepman » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:08 am

a cheap blind i make is out of scrap wood and pallets. i use the scrap plywood or boards to screw and hold the pallets together to make a sturdy box blind. i attach fencing or chicken wire to the pallets and zip tie brush and reeds to the fencing. 3 or 4 free pallets make an awsome 1 man blind.
jeepman
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Buy a Ghillie suit. Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:12 am

Get a stadium chair
put some rafia grass to it
buy a sheet of camo burlap or amerstep camo and zip tie
the whole package costs just under $45

on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby rodandgun83 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:29 pm

If its portable I have used a section of old fencing and tied some natural veggie to it and tied some Conduit to the ends to stake in the ground. It rolls up for transport and you can either wrap it around you or straight across according to where you are hunting.
rodandgun83
hunter

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting