Moraine State Park

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Moraine State Park

Postby Laxguy » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:48 pm

hey i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on where and how to hunt moraine state park, i scouted the mud creek hallow saturday afternoon and didnt see a single thing in the two hour time i was there. any advice would be nice, oh btw i would be hunting w/o a boat.
Laxguy
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:14 pm

Hey, Lax - glad that you posted. There may be semi - bad news. If you saw nothing @ Muddy Creek, then the flight ducks may not yet have arrived. I've been sick w/ this d*****d cold, couldn,t get out all week. But it seems that the weather has been too mild. I was feeling better Friday; went to work up here in Mercer Co. One of the students told me that he & his dad were duck hunting on the 15th - he claims that they had wasted their time. Saw nothing. If this snow @ the end of this week is coming from Canada - then go back to Muddy Creek. You can also turn off on the "North Shore". Just about any place along here is wadable.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Laxguy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:34 pm

Hunted Muddy Creek Hallow this afternoon, coudnt get out in the morning, gonna try it again tomorrow or next weekend, only saw three groups of birds and those were spooked up by boats.
Laxguy
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting