Benelli Stock Choke vs. Aftermarket?

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

Benelli Stock Choke vs. Aftermarket?

Postby Los Banos » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:31 pm

Just got my new Benelli Sbe2 yesterday, will be shooting hevi- 3 inch#4's and 3.5 inch bb's for ducks/geese. wondering if the stock cryo mod choke is the best choice or if there is a better aftermarket choice? thanks
Los Banos
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:38 pm

The best thing to do is go shoot the gun and loads with different choke combos at paper and see what patterns best for your gun, each gun is different :thumbsup:
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby thaner » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:01 pm

So far the flush factory Crio Plus chokes have been patterning very good. With that said I have purchased a couple Trulock precision hunter extended chokes. I have IC and Mod. These are the two chokes I use the most for general non-tox work and I like to have them available for a fast change if conditions change. I like extended because I don't have to keep track of a wrench. I just put the extra choke in a shell loop in my pocket and it's handy for a fast change. I will use the factory choke for when I need to set up for longer range shooting and use the IM or full.

I may add a skeet for use in close cover especially with hevi shot because those #6’s pattern so good; however, I will probably just let them get out a couple more yards before I let them have it because after this season I will probably be out of hevi and back to fast steel loads, which do fine in the IC over decoys.

I run the same extended chokes for my 870's also, but I am considering a couple more choke for that gun because I really do see some better patterning with the aftermarket extended chokes. The rem chokes are very short comparied to all the new ones and I think the aftermarket extended chokes with a little parrallel section helps out.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby Los Banos » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:33 pm

i end up with alot of pass shooting on my pond due to another set of blinds on the pond so i was gonna shoot 3" #4 hevi's, or should i use the 6's? i am still working on my calling so i don't always get em in super close
Los Banos
hunter

Postby thaner » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:07 pm

The #6 will take them down a long way out. The #4 are very long range on ducks and are good for the geese also.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:59 am

get the 6's.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:30 pm

I have several after markets and factory chokes...some factory's pattern better than the aftermarkets...put it on paper then decide..pellet energy is good...pattern and pellet energy is better.
C12
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes