Butte City Hunt CLub

Duck hunting in California topics include: California duck hunting trips, the past hunting seasons, and share information about California duck hunting guides.

Moderators: #1wingnut, duckman2000, PinTeal

Butte City Hunt CLub

Postby quiksilvern7 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Me and two of my friends are going to lease a blind this year with this club and I am looking for any information or opinions on this club. The blind we are getting this year is off the road that howard slough check station is on between the creek before Rd Z. I never paid attention to those blinds while going to howard but always saw people out there. If anyone knows how these blinds perform in that area please write on here or PM so this doesn't turn into a bashing club Thread. I appreciate the info and any feedback! Good luck this year guys! hopefully my first blind pays off!
quiksilvern7
hunter

Butte City Hunt CLub

Postby Duck_Popper » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:12 am

Well hello there. I am leasing a blind this year with them as well. I will PM you some details but I can say that they have been nothing but accommodating and when me and my gf went out there, they drove us around all their properties for over 3 hours. Was great.

Don't forget that they have dinners and all proceeds go to buying 400 pheasants to stock their dry land for a big hunt in February. You get a lot of great things with the club, along with a compound picking shed sleeping area.

Hahaha definitely sound like a promoter, but when you get a great group of people that actually want you to feel welcome it goes a long ways. Rather then these people you call that are short, to the point, and it actually sounds like you are bothering them.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Butte City Hunt CLub

Postby Duck_Popper » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:13 am

Btw my profile pic is of me and the treasure of the club walking around the 300 acre pond at sunset that I will be hunting this year.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Re: Butte City Hunt CLub

Postby Tattered coat » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:55 pm

I had a blind with butte city a while back. I was in the field north of the compound. Shot real good that year . Liked the club, stayed in old bunkhouse all the time. I would have stayed but a lease came up in an area I wanted so I left. Some of the fields did have a lot of blinds. The 302 was the field everyone liked but it had like 9 blinds in it if I remember correctly?? That was right across from Howard. The only thing I didn't like was they wouldnt flood until thanksgiving regardless of conditions
Tattered coat
hunter

Postby California Sprig » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:03 pm

I was an original member the first year the club started and stayed with them for a few years. It was a good club back then. I only left because something else came along. A little history - we were all Richmond hunt club members and because of the crap going on at rhc we broke away, took some of the leases with us and formed Butte City. Like with most clubs its all about blind location, some shoot great some don't. I don't know how your blind will shoot but its a good club
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Postby Tattered coat » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Cal sprig, what years were you there?
Tattered coat
hunter

Postby California Sprig » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:32 pm

I am poor on dates so I am not sure. It was the first year of the club and for a couple years after that. I'm thinking it was around 95 to maybe 97 or 98 or 99.
Hunting, fishing, Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Forty Creek Barrel Select Canadian Whisky - Life is sweet
California Sprig
hunter

Butte City Hunt CLub

Postby Duck_Popper » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:11 am

Tattered coat wrote:I had a blind with butte city a while back. I was in the field north of the compound. Shot real good that year . Liked the club, stayed in old bunkhouse all the time. I would have stayed but a lease came up in an area I wanted so I left. Some of the fields did have a lot of blinds. The 302 was the field everyone liked but it had like 9 blinds in it if I remember correctly?? That was right across from Howard. The only thing I didn't like was they wouldnt flood until thanksgiving regardless of conditions

I am in area 302. There is 7 blinds now but only 6 or so are leased. You have Howard's slough, grey lodge, an little dry creek all surrounding that area. Great shooting an not everyone is out there. Most people pack up by 8:30 9:00. You cando extremely well if you can stay out there till 11 or come back and hour or 2 before sunset.

Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby Waterfowler7 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:56 am

Just curious if this blind is linked with the Butte City Hunt club. http://www.duckblindsforsale.com/view.php?bid=2278
Lock em "n" Rock em
Waterfowler7
hunter

Butte City Hunt CLub

Postby Duck_Popper » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 am

By the price I would say no.

Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby Gomerking » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:59 pm

W7, I sent you a PM but suffice it to say that the field in question is NOT Butte City.

That image does bring back some memories, though..... :lol3:

GK
Earning Your Respect One Post at a Time

Dacowboy wrote:Jesus christ it's like the last day on Fiji with you guys on here.
Gomerking
hunter

Postby Waterfowler7 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:14 pm

GK, thanks again for the info. Explains why that blind has been available for as long as it has even in that location.
Lock em "n" Rock em
Waterfowler7
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:38 pm

If it's a wet year, access becomes a problem. They have a very nice, well maintained club house. They hunt 7 days a week and have no resting ponds or days closed for the birds. Basically, like 90% of the "clubs" in the Sac. Valley, a property that relies on weather and the shoot days at the refuges to get birds to show.
friedcoot
hunter

Postby Green with ring » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:19 am

PM sent.
Green with ring
hunter

Butte City Hunt CLub

Postby Duck_Popper » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:43 pm

Went out to the club today and there are only 2 blinds left!!! So ready for this season to get here.

Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby Petestella » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:27 pm

I am starting to look already next year would you to hear how everybody is doing.
Petestella
hunter

Postby friedcoot » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:50 pm

You can probably line up a "guest" hunt day if your willing to throw some maintenance money their way. Most clubs with seasonal openings or membership listings will share a day if you pay. Which, is a great way to get a feel for what your looking for. I would think $100 per hunter would be a fair offer. It shows your not looking for something free and are truly interested.
friedcoot
hunter

Postby Duck_Popper » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:36 am

Petestella pm me and I can answer any questions on the club and more.

Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby Winemaker » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Interesting that so many have viewed this thread. My two cents is that I wouldn't pay much more than two cents for a "club" that doesn't have a rotation with a blind draw. Think about it, everyone pays the same money. Why on earth would it make any sense at all for someone that "hunted here last year", or the last twenty years for that matter, to be able to shoot birds most days when you can't? My opinion is that it doesn't make sense and if more hunters wised up and demanded rotation or nothing then it wouldn't happen so often. Good luck and be safe out there!!

PS: Seven days a week? We hunt two, and I harvested 300 birds, (six spoonies), on my membership last season. To each his own...
Winemaker
hunter

Postby #4Buckshot » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Winemaker, you have to look at the history of the club. It originated from disgruntled members of RHC who were tired of the "good ol boys" network.
You see, the only thing that's changed is the identity of the "good ol boys" and a new location.
#4Buckshot
hunter

Postby napahunter » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:29 am

We have a 4 man out in the club. I like everything about the place. Even the wife loves it, because of the pheasant shoot for the women and kids. Good times out there with good friends
napahunter
Newb

Postby Duck_Popper » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:27 pm

napahunter wrote:We have a 4 man out in the club. I like everything about the place. Even the wife loves it, because of the pheasant shoot for the women and kids. Good times out there with good friends

This. They put on a free dinner with a bunch of great guns and prizes and goodies. Awesome place. Extremely family oriented and just a great all around club. The people there are friendly and not your typical snobby arrogant hunters.

Can't say anything bad about the club (except water is always end of November )

Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby JB27 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:56 pm

We have a 4 man and love it. Shoot birds and don't have to deal with the refuge. Very accommodating and great people. This isn't a wilderness unlimited club either. Don't have anything bad to say about it. If you want a rotating system go to a club that facilitates that. I personally do not like it. M
JB27
hunter

Postby napahunter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:17 pm

[quoteCan't say anything bad about the club (except water is always end of November [/quote]
Not this year in my blind!!! Were ready to hunt! Threw decoys all last weekend. Now we're flooded. My blind partener hunted it this morning. I took it off. From now on, it on!
napahunter
Newb

Postby Winemaker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Very cool,

Butte City sounds like a rocking club for sure. Every member can shoot birds if they want to and it is social to boot. It sounds like exactly what most hunters I know want in a hunt club. My life was unfortunately poisoned by an experience with a club where MOST hunters had a chance to shoot birds, but if you were one of the last three people to lease a blind then this did not apply to you. I'm sure that many of the members of that club also described the club in the same glowing terms that this thread contains but Butte City must be different. Congratulations guys, and have a great season.
Winemaker
hunter

Next

Return to California Duck Hunting