new body

A place to share and ask questions about outdoor photography.

Moderators: Kiskadinna, Greenhead Grappler

new body

Postby one2many » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:14 am

anyone in here have a new D800?
do you like it?
I'm way too baked to drive to the devil's house.
one2many
hunter

Re: new body

Postby mailyard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:22 pm

I have shot a D800 but do not own one, I currently shoot a d3 and love the camera. If you are going to go with the FX format which in encourage the D800 does shoot video and not bad video at that. Canon is still far ahead of nikon in the video department which I have been getting more into. I have a large investment in nikon glass so i will likely go with a nikon for stills, as for video I will be buying a canon MK II shortly. I would say if you have a lot of autofocus full frame nikon lenses get the D800, If not a used canon MK II for about $1700 is a deal.
mailyard
hunter

Re: new body

Postby Cdphotos82 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 pm

I was given a D800 to try out for a month but havent tried it out much yet. My boss who is a Pro photographer just bought this body and absolutely loves it. I've heard many different reviews on this body but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. The only cons i heard about are the file size cause of the 36.1 Megapixel sensor, they take longer to upload and take up alot more space on the computer. That and sometimes the pictures sometimes turn out just the slightest fuzzy due to being so sensitive to movement. Almost have to use a tripod to get the most of the cameras capabilities..
Cdphotos82
hunter

Return to Outdoor Photography Forum