seasoning bacon?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

seasoning bacon?

Postby Bull Island Boy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:59 am

when y'all fry up some bacon do y'all ever put any seasoning on it? i tried it the other day a cupple of ways and i think its great. the way i like to do it is add a little canola oil in the pan and then add the bacon then i had some leftover jerky seasoning i sprinkled it over the top side and let it fry on that side then flipped it over and did the same on that.then i proceeded to flip a few more times.i like this way better because the seasoning mixes with the oil and and flavors the bacon and i found that it doesn't char up the outside as bad.
have y'all ever done this or something similar. im just starting out cooking but i have had a little experience smoking meat in a smoker that i made witch worked pretty well.
BULL ISLAND HUNT CLUB
Bull Island Boy
hunter

Re: seasoning bacon?

Postby Force Fetch » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:57 pm

I soak my #5 cut bacon in buttermilk over night and dredge it in seasoned flour (Cabellas Cajun Blackend) and with a little oil in the pan brown it up. The bacon doesn't shrink and a couple of pieces are enough for anyone but a major bacon hound. Thinner cut bacon also works just not as well.
Force Fetch
hunter

Postby aboz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Force Fetch wrote:I soak my #5 cut bacon in buttermilk over night and dredge it in seasoned flour (Cabellas Cajun Blackend) and with a little oil in the pan brown it up. The bacon doesn't shrink and a couple of pieces are enough for anyone but a major bacon hound. Thinner cut bacon also works just not as well.

Fried bacon, YUMMMM! :tongue:
take em
aboz
hunter

Postby Force Fetch » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:11 am

Yes it is and a frequent request at out hunting and fishing camp, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Some of our crew hoards the stuff for the trail. Eat Well!
Force Fetch
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking