early goose hunting partner...

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

early goose hunting partner...

Postby waterfowler1987 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:41 pm

hey all, let me start by saying that I'm new to the sit but understand no one wants to give their spots away. Not looking for that. I recently separated from the Navy 5 years and have only hunted out in Washington state where I'm stationed. I know that scouting is the key but I get back to NH next Friday and will have very little time to scout. I'll be in the Nashua area and anyone willing to take me along would be greatly appreciated. I have my own layout blind, decoys everything but a boat. Thanks a lot for any help and can't wait to be back in NH. Live Free or Die.

alex
waterfowler1987
Newb

Re: early goose hunting partner...

Postby Benny8 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:49 am

Next friday will give you a full month to scout like the rest of us, before the duck opener. I have a job and family, but I still get out to scout and put my time in. Google earth is also helpful. What is it lately, is there an influx of people looking to hunt, but not willing to put their time in?
Benny8
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:55 am

:welcome: to the forum and thank you for your service.

The geese are moving a lot now,so I would say now is the best time to scout. I had been watching a few groups and just like last year, none are where they were a month earlier... so you are not too late to find them.

Early goose has never been my specialty. Just lookin forward to October ducks :thumbsup:
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby rickbr » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Welcome to the forum Alex. Thank-you for your service. I've been trying to keep my out for a few spots for early goose myself.
Once we get situated and the season starts I would be happy to meet up sometime for a field hunt. If the couple of spots pan Out I'll let you know by pm and we can work out the details. But like the others have said. You still have plenty of time to do some scouting.
rickbr
hunter

Postby waterfowler1987 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Benny8 wrote:Next friday will give you a full month to scout like the rest of us, before the duck opener. I have a job and family, but I still get out to scout and put my time in. Google earth is also helpful. What is it lately, is there an influx of people looking to hunt, but not willing to put their time in?

I don't know what your problem is. Putin their time in. I spent the last 5 years keeping you and your family safe. You might want to put in the time to read the hole post before you jump to conclusions.

rickbr wrote:Welcome to the forum Alex. Thank-you for your service. I've been trying to keep my out for a few spots for early goose myself.
Once we get situated and the season starts I would be happy to meet up sometime for a field hunt. If the couple of spots pan Out I'll let you know by pm and we can work out the details. But like the others have said. You still have plenty of time to do some scouting.

Thanks man. Look forward to talking. And I am really going to hit it hard this weekend scouting.
waterfowler1987
Newb

Postby Benny8 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:49 am

waterfowler1987 wrote:hey all, let me start by saying that I'm new to the sit but understand no one wants to give their spots away. Not looking for that. I recently separated from the Navy 5 years and have only hunted out in Washington state where I'm stationed. I know that scouting is the key but I get back to NH next Friday and will have very little time to scout. I'll be in the Nashua area and anyone willing to take me along would be greatly appreciated. I have my own layout blind, decoys everything but a boat. Thanks a lot for any help and can't wait to be back in NH. Live Free or Die.

alex

Hey alex, thanks for your service. My post was not directed soley towards you. We have members of the site that solely scout by what people post on the site. Also first posts looking for specific places. Best of luck with your move and use google earth as a tool from anywhere to look for spots and then search them out when you get here. I in no way meant to insult anyone. I apologize if I did. Best wishes on your hunting our Live free or die state.
Last edited by Benny8 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny8
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:29 am

Ok, lets not get carried away here.

The fact is half the people who join end up asking for spots or to tag along with people in their very first post and those of us who have been here long enough (Not just in the NH forum, but all forums) have come to not like seeing an introduction and then one of those questions in the same post. Add to that the fact that a lot of them do not seem to post after finding out that no one wants to share spots to a stranger.

Stick around, share your stories and pictures and get to know people. :thumbsup:

Some of my best hunts were with people I met on this forum :beer:
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby NHDuckHunter » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:38 am

Must be close to the season, everyone's on edge... :no:
Alex, I don't have any goose spots, otherwise, I'd be happy to drive over and pick you up. Always room for a fellow squid on my boat. I'm the skipper, but you can play XO. :lol3:

I
He was looking for some early goose help, that gives him two weeks to move across the country, get settled, hopefully find a new job, catch-up with family and friends that he hasn't seen in God knows how long... sure plenty of time to scout.
Last edited by NHDuckHunter on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Postby rjbadfish » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Alex, Welcome to NH :beer: . Thanks for your service. I am right around the corner from Nashua and I usually get out once or twice a season... :yes: Send me a PM with a contact number. September is extremely busy for me this year as I am very backed up on decoy orders but maybe we can get out sometime.
Ray Jackson

Have you noticed that common sense is not as common as it used to be???
rjbadfish
hunter

Postby deertoducks » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:24 am

Figured I start checking in as the season approaches, not surprised to see newer younger members are already being chased away :huh:

Welcome to the forum Alex and thank you for your service :thumbsup: Don't let one high and mighty turn you away. I dont post often, im sure you already understand why. Shoot me a pm and ill be happy to help
point you in the right direction. :beer:
deertoducks
hunter

Postby usmc2220 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:42 am

Hey Alex,

I'll be in the Boscawen, NH area off and on throughout the season and have a boat. Your welcome to join me anytime in Maine. I can't promise constant gunning or anything like that, and last year was a slow season in most of my spots but if you want to get out let me know. I will be down that way this weekend and scouting as well after hunting the opener tomorrow morning.

Semper Fi from the Green Side,

Aaron
usmc2220
hunter

Postby Cigarz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi Alex- welcome back to the real world!

It's still a month away from duck, but if you'd like to pass the time with a little bass fishing till then, drop me a line. From one old black shoe to another (You ARE a black shoe, right?) there's plenty of trouble a former squid can get into around here. I'm in Manchvegas, and really enjoy getting to know new outdoorsmen (and women!)

Cigz
It's better on the water.
Cigarz
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting