DHC members only

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

DHC members only

Postby Huntfish12 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:05 am

Well its 5am on a saturday and i just got to work. Sitting here thinking that it would be cool to do a hunt with some of the guys from this forum this year. I have a pit by Bombay Hook i can offer up where we can get some shooting at geese and the occasional group of ducks. This would be an exclusive DHC members only hunt. No buddies or friends of friends. Its in a fairly netrual location as far as north to south and it would probably be safer and easier instead of putting 3-? many guys on a boat plus gear and dogs ect..What do you guys think? Anyone else got any other ideas?
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Re: DHC members only

Postby bubbasblazer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:16 am

I'm in dude. I don't mind swapping hunts at all, just my spots usully suck.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:51 am

bubbasblazer wrote:I'm in dude. I don't mind swapping hunts at all, just my spots usully suck.

Well, i owe you a few anyway.
Huntfish12
hunter

DHC members only

Postby gooseman07 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:31 am

I would love to hunt with and meet some of you guys. I can't offer any spots as I typically use someone else's farm and he hunts as well. I am a transfer from PA only 3 years ago so that doesn't help my spot issue.
gooseman07
hunter

Postby jmpDE » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Think it is a good idea. I have a good pit in Maryland just south of Middletown that is between 2 rivers which hold geese and would be up for the same.
jmpDE
Newb

Postby bubbasblazer » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Welcome gooseman. If ya wanna hunt drop me a pm I dont expect the favor returned. It's all good. Huntfish can attest to the fact I can usually find a bird or two.
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby DE-Duck-n-Goose » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:24 am

I think its a sweet idea to put together a group hunt for us DE members.
I am in for sure.
I am a public land junkie with no private stock, but I have a boat, decoys and a willingness to hunt.

Keep me in the loop!
DE-Duck-n-Goose
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:05 am

bubbasblazer wrote:Welcome gooseman. If ya wanna hunt drop me a pm I dont expect the favor returned. It's all good. Huntfish can attest to the fact I can usually find a bird or two.

2 at the most would be pushing it!

:hi: :lol: Just messin!
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

gooseman07 wrote:I would love to hunt with and meet some of you guys. I can't offer any spots as I typically use someone else's farm and he hunts as well. I am a transfer from PA only 3 years ago so that doesn't help my spot issue.

Where in PA did u come from? Do you still hunt in PA ?
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Just because you missed them, doesn't mean I didn't put you on them. :eek:
bubbasblazer
hunter

DHC members only

Postby gooseman07 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:07 am

I grew up in berks county, SE of Reading. I don't hunt there anymore because non-res licenses can get expensive and I didn't have time to go meet with the farmers like I used to. It was getting dumb anyhow, everybody was hunting just about on top of everybody else and 8 times out of 10, the other group was trying to run a guide service. Both groups would get to calling and the geese would peace out because they didn't know what was going on. I could throw a baseball to other groups most times hunting up there. College was better in bucks county but til I graduated, it was getting the same way. When I first started waterfowl, I was the only person/group on the block at both places. It drove me to drink at college seeing guys ruin my chance because of skybisting!
gooseman07
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:38 am

gooseman07 wrote:I grew up in berks county, SE of Reading. I don't hunt there anymore because non-res licenses can get expensive and I didn't have time to go meet with the farmers like I used to. It was getting dumb anyhow, everybody was hunting just about on top of everybody else and 8 times out of 10, the other group was trying to run a guide service. Both groups would get to calling and the geese would peace out because they didn't know what was going on. I could throw a baseball to other groups most times hunting up there. College was better in bucks county but til I graduated, it was getting the same way. When I first started waterfowl, I was the only person/group on the block at both places. It drove me to drink at college seeing guys ruin my chance because of skybisting!

So then you come to Delaware and restart your waterfowl tour! Im sure i dont have to tell ya, but its pretty hectic around here too. You can buy the small game license for PA then add the waterfowl license..cheepest way i know how to do it. Anyway, if you couldent tell, i do a fair share of hunting up there, so if you ever get a whim, give me shout and mabye we could do a PA hunt. either way though, we will all have to try and get togeather and put somethin on.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby agermak44 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:12 pm

i am also from pa and just started hunting in delware last season. ive been tryin to find some local guys to hook up with and get some intel. im new to the site and have been looking somethin like this for awhile. any advice would def be appreciated.
agermak44
hunter

DHC members only

Postby gooseman07 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Where in DE is everyone? I'm in Middletown.
gooseman07
hunter

Postby bubbasblazer » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:15 am

MILFORD
bubbasblazer
hunter

Postby agermak44 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:33 pm

im down outside of millsboro
agermak44
hunter

Postby DE-Duck-n-Goose » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:52 am

I am a northern boy. - I'm in Wilmington.
DE-Duck-n-Goose
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:40 am

everywhere!
Huntfish12
hunter

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting