Decoy Paint

A place for people to discuss "do it yourself" projects from building blinds, to boats and everything in between.

Moderator: Botiz630

Decoy Paint

Postby yareelohim » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:26 am

Mean Gene wrote:
Nope, I use it as well. Here's some Full Curls I refurbished a couple weeks ago:

The Rustoleum enamel is great: flocking sticks like iron. :thumbsup:

Mean Gene,

What did you use to create the feather detail on your hens and what color brown did you use on them?

I really like those hens.
"For the High and Exalted One who lives forever, whose name is Holy says this: 'I live in a high and holy place, and with the oppressed and lowly of spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and revive the heart of the oppressed." - Isaiah57:15
yareelohim
hunter

Re: Decoy Paint

Postby Mean Gene » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:50 pm

It's actually two coats of solid body, oil based stain. First coat was a real light tan, second coat was a color with much more orange in it. I've noticed that the flocking can change the colors a bit once it's applied.

Also, the feather detail was just freehanded with an airbrush. I was looking at pictures, guessing and hoping.
Mean Gene
hunter

Postby Buttfeather » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:15 am

what type of paint dp you use in your airbrush. How much do you thin it? I ave trouble with clogging.
Buttfeather
Newb

Postby take'emgreenheads » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:06 pm

what colors do you guys use on blacks and does it matter on painting plastics or cork
take'emgreenheads
hunter

Previous

Return to Do It Yourself Hunting