Blue Tongue in the north and west

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Hog

Moderators: stumpjumper, don taylor

Blue Tongue in the north and west

Postby apexhunter » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:46 pm

I was talking with a buddy today about Blue Tongue (EHD) hitting the whitetail around his area and he mentioned the pandemic that is happening from Montana to the Dakotas and Kansas. Evidentially Montana has/is suffering the worst of it with up tp 90% of the herd along the Milk River being killed by the disease.

We have had a couple of bouts with it in the past 10 or 12 years in eastern NC but nothing like the guys out there are dealing with. According to biologists it will take many years for the deer to recover and many outfitters have or are closing down due to the lack of game to hunt. Tag numbers are being reduced and some areas are offering refunds for tags already purchased. All I can say is good luck to the people in the affected areas because I've seen the results of a 30-40% death rate before and it is not fun and productive hunting.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Re: Blue Tongue in the north and west

Postby Duplex lover » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:34 pm

:help: Claim is:
North east and south east MT white tail mortality last year was closer to 90%!!!! of the deer. :mad:
The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Return to Big Game