Duck Hunting Forum banner

Un-cut bean field for Early Season???

980 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  muskrat24 
#1 ·
Any of you guys hunt un-cut bean fields? We have a great field that has been very good over the past few seasons but this year, the owner planted late and has not begun to cut them. There are plenty of geese around with the large swamp close by and this field is right in the main flyway for pass shooting but over the last few years, we have been able to get geese to land, of course the field was cut then. Any suggestions or am I just going to be running traffic all morning? Would you set decoys up higher in the field above the beans???

Thanks

#2 ·
if the birds arent using it, u will be running traffic. and personally have never seen birds around here in uncut beans. If it was the only option (cant get access anywhere else in there path) I would have to hunt. You will definately learn something new here, good or bad. alot of beans around here have burnt areas where you can see dirt. even tho its early, I would run every decoy I could get in this situation and try to convince them its a good idea to check this out. FLAG FLAG FLAG!! Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.