Benelli Super Vinci vs Browning A5

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: Benelli Super Vinci vs Browning A5

Postby T Man » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:20 pm

duckbones wrote:If you buy a vinci or an A5, you will wish you were shooting a SBE. Best gun ever made for duck hunting.

Excelent clearly unbiased post made with some very valid arguments. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby duckbones » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:08 pm

I've owned SBE2 and Vinci, yet I still prefer the SBE1. That is personal preference and opinion. No one can offer a factually based valid argument for or against the new A5 as a duck gun, as it has not been around to last through a duck season as of yet.
duckbones
hunter

Postby ICDEDTURKES » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:48 pm

One big drawback with the A-5 imo is the choke system.. Why come out with an entirely different choke system when you have two very common proven chokes systems already at your disposal. .

What if this gun is a flop and you have it in 10 years, who is gonna be making chokes? What if they decide to go to a more common choke system in 2-3 years for various reasons..
ICDEDTURKES
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Your point of the new Browning choke system is somewhat valid. But looking back over the past 10+ years many manufacturers have changed their choke systems within their own lines. Benelli went from their standard chokes to the crio system; Browning went from invector to invector plus; Beretta changed theirs as well as did others.

I agree that proprietary chokes can be a PITA if the mfg doesn't offer the exact choke one is looking for but 99.9% of the changes have been for the better...and it won't take long for somebody to emulate the DS tubes with aftermarket products even if they cannot duplicate the bronze alloy "seal" of the DS.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby Ammo-n-arrow » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:32 pm

I purchased the super Vinci in August. After some consideration I opted for the 3.5 vs. 3 inch. The first 200 rounds were 2 3/4 skeet-trap rounds at the range. I experienced several jams and had a problem with the safety not engaging-disengaging. I removed the trigger assembly and found small bits of plastic, possibly machined remnants in the trigger assembly. Once I cleaned it out the safety worked fine. Subsequently, I have put approx 75-3 inch rounds through it and have not had any jamming issues. I have not put any 3.5 inch rounds through it yet. The safety on the front does take some getting use to. I also shoot the 20 gauge montefeltro which has a rear safety, so I had to make a conscious effort to remember where the safety was on each gun. All in all the gun shoots way better than I am a water fowler. I bought the gun without comparing the Browning so I cannot give a pro-con comp.
Ammo-n-arrow
Newb

Postby Supernac22 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:53 pm

I currently shoot a Super Vinci. I have had to send it back to Benelli once already. Am having a separate issue now. I am trying to limp it through hunting season before I send it back again. Customer Service is non existent! The only way to get service is to take your gun to the dealer and let them take care of it. Told the wife the Vinci was hers when I bought it. Now I'm considering it hers and want to buy the A5 for myself! Does anyone know if Browning has better customer service?
Supernac22
Newb

Postby cpavt » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:34 pm

I bought a Vinci for this duck/goose season and I've had 4 misfires in the last few hunts. Some on first shot, some on second. I'm ticked-off at the thought of having my gun tied up in the repair shop for what I imagine will be months.
cpavt
Newb

Postby rjrjr » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:36 pm

I currently own a SBE, supe Vinci and Browning Maxus. The Benellis are great. The Maxus is a pain to clean and is not nearly as reliable as the Benelis. This is not speculation. I am speaking from hunting experience with all 3 guns. The SBE still cuts the heck out of the first knuckle on my middle finger. No clue why but I have had several other SBE shooters experience the same. Never had this problem with the super Vinci. I like the look and feel of the A5. I am considering adding one to my collection. As for the Maxus, it will only get used as a loaner. Just my experiences and opinions.
rjrjr
Newb

Postby Gabagool » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am

Super Vinci is a knuckle buster with 3.5" no doubt but it is otherwise an awesome gun. Never a problem.
Gabagool
hunter

Postby pk3 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:30 pm

I've shot a Benelli M1 for 18 years, no problem.
Last year I decided to "upgrade" and bought a Super Vinci rather than the Vinci because it has additional room between the grip and trigger guard to eliminate the busted knuckle issue which I had read about.
I shot ducks and geese in Kansas for 4 days last week with 3 inch Blind Side #2. I could not have hunted another day! My trigger finger had a blister from rubbing against the inside of the trigger housing and my middle finger was swollen and bruised from the trigger guard pounding it.
I am so disappointed because I really like the balance and the way the Super Vinci points for me.
Anyone want to buy a lightly used Super Vinci?
pk3
Newb

Postby Ducks&Bucks07 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:23 am

They suggest that you shoot several hundreds rounds of 3 1/2" shells to break in the A5 or it won't cycle skeet loads properly. That's crap. Get the benelli, it'll cycle everything.
Ducks&Bucks07
hunter

Postby CPOUTLAW » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:27 am

These are the same two guns I am looking at I have a SBE and can vouch for the reliability of the benelli's. I like the Browning but with the different choke system and the fact that it wont be as reliable as a benelli I will no doubt get a super vinci or SBE II. Benelli needs to come out with a SBE III then there would be a ton of SBE II on the market for sure lol.
CPOUTLAW
Newb

Postby WMTribe_Kicker » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:01 am

I have shot them all. Save yourself some trouble, and just go with the beretta a400 with the kickoff :thumbsup:
WMTribe_Kicker
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:17 am

CPOUTLAW wrote:These are the same two guns I am looking at I have a SBE and can vouch for the reliability of the benelli's. I like the Browning but with the different choke system and the fact that it wont be as reliable as a benelli I will no doubt get a super vinci or SBE II. Benelli needs to come out with a SBE III then there would be a ton of SBE II on the market for sure lol.

Why do you say it isn't as reliable as a Benelli? I have seen every gun have something go wrong with it, albeit some more than others.

I haven't had a new A5 beat my knuckle like a Benelli. Also haven't had it click like a SBE II will do.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum