River sled Anyone?

From Pintails to Mallards, share your Montana duck hunting stories here in the land of the Big Sky country.

Moderator: Lawdog

River sled Anyone?

Postby darcher » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:45 pm

I am just finishing up a 15' duckboat when I spotted a 15' unfinished aluminum sled hull on Brooks Street (spa business) in MIssoula. I have fabricated two aluminum boats in the past so I wheeled in for a look. This is an unfinished hull with a caved in side where somebody rammed it. It is easily fixed. It would make a great project boat. They are asking $150. But then I started thinking about the cost to finish it, and I am sure it would cost seven or eight hundred. So, I would have a grand in the boat with no trailer and no motor and very little chance to make a profit in these hard times when there are so many good deals out there.
(the hull cost a lot of money for 5'x20', 1/8 sheets.)
If you are in this area, I would love to weld and fabricate this boat this winter for practically nothing if I had help. If you have a mig welder and know how to weld aluminum, I would be glad to just talk and share with you some design plans.

Dave Archer
406- 830-5036
darcher
hunter

Re: River sled Anyone?

Postby darcher » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Well, it is out of my system. I am no longer tempted. I went on Craig's List for Medford, Oregon and found two river sleds with trailer and jet. One was $3500 and the other was $4500. I just heard of a used Yellowstone Drift boat ready to go with trailer for $2800!
darcher
hunter

Return to Montana Duck Hunting