Roll call

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Re: Roll call

Postby RedFly » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:29 pm

How's it going guys. My name is Jared, I live in San Antonio, I'm from Corpus Chrisit and I just found this forum. This is my 8th year of duck hunting and I love it. I go crazy unless I have 3 duck holes to choose from at any one time. My new favorite hobby is dog training... got my pup his first title last spring (actually an upland title) at one and will go for his Seasoned title this Spring just after he turns two. I'd also like to add this season is starting out fantastic I'm at 3 limits for 3 hunts so far... with lots of unusual ducks around.
RedFly
hunter

Postby dukholiday » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi, My name is Lane. Im 21 years old and new to the forum. I am from a hole in the wall called Buna. . . its about forty minutes north of Beaumont. I hunted ducks when i was younger but just recently got the bug. I hunt anywhere from the Taylors Bayou area all the way up to Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend. Ive got alot to learn but i think I might be able to learn a thing or two off of this forum. :beer:
Im willing to die to protect my second amendment rights. . .Are you willing to die trying to take them from me?
dukholiday
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:42 pm

dukholiday wrote:Hi, My name is Lane. Im 21 years old and new to the forum. I am from a hole in the wall called Buna. . . its about forty minutes north of Beaumont. I hunted ducks when i was younger but just recently got the bug. I hunt anywhere from the Taylors Bayou area all the way up to Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend. Ive got alot to learn but i think I might be able to learn a thing or two off of this forum. :beer:

:welcome: Did you know Bun B or Pimp C?
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby dukholiday » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:50 am

heck yeah. . . They used to come hunting in the marsh with me all the time,they never killed anything because they hunted wit h their 9MMS lol
Im willing to die to protect my second amendment rights. . .Are you willing to die trying to take them from me?
dukholiday
hunter

Postby bubba57 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:10 am

Hello fella's, Bubba here! I came to Texas from Okla. back in 80 due to my occupation, been here since. Married to a great gal, 2 daughters, 2 son inlaws, 2 grand kids. We live south of Sulphur Springs and east of Lake Fork, out in the sticks you mite say. Raised up in a family of hunters and fishermen near Robbers Cave state park in eastern Okla. Been huntin and fishin as far back as I can remember. I retired back in 2010, so I spend my time keeping our place up in between huntin and fishin trips with a buddy of mine and my son inlaws. We hunt here local and back home in Okla. Just wanted to say hello and tell ya I'm glade to be here.
THE PRIDE OF HASKELL COUNTY OKLA.unknown in other parts of the world
"FLY YOU LEAD CARRIN BASTARD" ( My dad, 1919/1997)
bubba57
hunter

Postby cumminsman03 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:01 am

My name is Dusty. I'm 21. I live in southeast Texas in a town called batson. It's about 35min from beaumont.

I do both public and private hunts. Walk in and boat in. Anyway to shoot ducks ill do it.

I hunt lot with yentzen62 on here. I just leased my first land this year where nobody has it is very untouched by any duck hunter.

Conservation is my goal to get ducks in the area and keep them.
Central Flyway- I'm from Texas, what country are you from?
cumminsman03
hunter

Postby QuackSmacker58 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:25 am

Howdy, I'm Brian and I'm wondering how everyone's doing this season? I'm from Corpus Christi and hunt that area out of my 18 foot go-devil (70hp now thanks to SETX Performance), but go to school here at Texas A&M (Yea, the team that beat Alabama this weekend) It's been a slow start down here in South Texas with the hot weather but last week we had a nice cold front come through that brought plenty of ducks for us. How's every one else's season goin?
QuackSmacker58
hunter

Postby SAHunter1983 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:21 am

Hows it going guys, My name is Tod, I am located on the north side of San Antonio. I have been duck hunting on and off for a few years now but I am trying to make it a more regular thing. I hunt my small property in Bandera county. I am a 29 year old student at UTSA in Civil Engineering with a Math minor. Would definitely like to meet some more people from my neck of the woods.
SAHunter1983
hunter

Postby scopolamine » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:23 am

I'm Andy and I'm from all over Texas. Now I live in Bay City, TX. I just started hunting and right now its for coastal divers. I was an unrepentant pond and creek jumper when I lived outside of Longview, Texas while in high school. I have three boys under 6 and take the oldest with me each trip.
scopolamine
hunter

Postby daddyhuck » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Hello. My name is Landon and I'm 33. I live in Celina. Last season was my first and I'm hooked. currently have a 15 week old pup I'm working on training. Been lurking here for a while and finding lots of great info. :beer:
daddyhuck
hunter

Postby FytinTexAg04 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:55 am

Howdy. Im FytinTexAg. Live in Hutto, Tx. Like the above poster, I'm in my early 30s. Last year was my first. Me and my buddy had more fun than a nail gun with it all. Lookin forward to this year. Been lurking here for about a year. Good luck this year y'all.
FytinTexAg04
hunter

Postby BassProJD » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:56 am

Hey yall... 28 with 1 year under my belt.. llivin in forney area till end of season then its down to midlothian waxahachie area

JD
BassProJD
hunter

Postby TexasPublicDucks » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:00 am

Hey there. My name is Drew, and I live in Round Rock, north of Austin. I've been hunting mainly on public land for the past 5 years, and I absolutely hate to miss a good hunting day during duck season. A buddy of mine turned me on to waterfowling, and I've been hooked ever since.

Married with three kids, and everybody's happy, happy, happy when I bring home a nice mixed bag of birds. Can't wait for early teal, and so glad that TPWD upped the bag limit to 6 this year.

http://www.risetomanhood.com
TexasPublicDucks
hunter

Postby bbs383ci » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Hey guys. Dustin here from the big city of orange tx. Been duck hunting pretty heavy for the last 4 years have been doing it off and on for most of my life. We hunt in china on the rice fields. Married for 7 years with two sons one is 4 the other is 6 months. I am 30 and my wife hates this time of year cause its all I talk think and do. Lol
bbs383ci
hunter

Postby TexasHunter96 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:06 pm

My names Ashton. I live in the DFW area. Hunted for 6+ years, this is my first year hunting waterfowl seriously (with dekes, not jumping ponds). I look forward to meeting some of you, and maybe even doing a little hunting.
TexasHunter96
hunter

Postby NTXDUCKHUNTER » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:21 pm

Hey Yall! :hi:
I am Aaron from Fort Worth, TX and to narrow that down I am closer to Lake Worth, TX.

I am a father of 3 Boys and another on the way. I intend to raise these boys with the love of my Big 3, Faith, Family, and the Outdoors. I am new to Duck hunting and soaking up all the info I can find. My father raised me camping and in the Boy Scouts. But Hunting was not one of his great loves so i am off to learn it on my own. I have a great Brother In Law and he is a avid Deer Hunter but new to Duck hunting too. So we are both trying to pick this up.

God Bless!
"And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” -Acts 10:13 ESV
NTXDUCKHUNTER
hunter

Postby TXDuckHuntin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:52 pm

How's everyone doing?

New to the DHC my name is Korwin, I live in Houston haven't been duck hunting since I was probably about 12, and I was in Louisiana for that hunt but going to try and pick it up again and feed a long missed addiction. Going to try and get a go at the quackers this season, see how rusty I am.

Got to go do some shopping to pick up some goodies and learning guides maybe help me out a little.
4 most American things to do, hunt/fish/work on vehicles/drink not in any specific order.
TXDuckHuntin
hunter

Postby TexasPuddleJumper » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:58 am

I've been on DHC enough that I may as well post up in here. The name is Tom, I've been wingshooting most of my life and more seriously duck hunting for the past 5 or so years. I live in Parker, TX and hunt lavon when it isn't this low and am on a lease with a handfull of tanks down in palmer. I still enjoy hunting with my father as he is starting to get up there in the grey years and it is convienient that he only lives a town away.

Sent via smoke signal
I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done, I'm just saying it is ill advised...
TexasPuddleJumper
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:57 am

QuackSmacker58 wrote:Howdy, I'm Brian and I'm wondering how everyone's doing this season? I'm from Corpus Christi and hunt that area out of my 18 foot go-devil (70hp now thanks to SETX Performance), but go to school here at Texas A&M (Yea, the team that beat Alabama this weekend) It's been a slow start down here in South Texas with the hot weather but last week we had a nice cold front come through that brought plenty of ducks for us. How's every one else's season goin?

70 hp???? Lol im sure id have to see it to believe it sir.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby dray007 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Hello I'm new to DHC and duck hunting. Rookie. 31 years old and needed a new dog so I got a lab last year and made me want to try duck hunting this year and got hooked. I'm in the conroe area and always look to hunt with someone sense I don't know a thing about duck hunting.
dray007
hunter

Previous

Return to Texas Duck Hunting