Roll call

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, whistlin_wings, DoubleBayou

Postby waynemorgan » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:42 am

gko, hello there ,we moved to san antonio after i got layed off my wife is from there ,it did not take long to see i made a bad move there .these place is not much better i think it is for all the rejects from san antonio
(note ,we have a lot of dove still here but no water )
pleasanton texas,this place sucks

in memory of
hank & ranger
waynemorgan
hunter

Postby ducksausage » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:13 am

Howdy Fellas
Im Drew Williams from Kingwood Tx and this is my first post here
I stumbled onto this site after doing a google search last night...so far aside from the great posts the best thing about being here is I didn t have too sit in some moderators queue for a month like the fuge.Im married with 3 kids (2 in college 1 in marine corps) have a YLF named Dixie 7 mos old being trained by Martin Bell at Shelmar kennels in Katy Tx shes due home from her first 3 mos of training Sept 16
Im 46 yrs old and a machinist by trade (manual mills lathes and CNCs)
I hunt the SE corner of Ark north of the town of Jones La over old commercal catfish ponds 3 times a year or so this will be my 3rd season duck hunting
With the purchase of the dog, her training, new gun and the costs from my upcoming hunts im over my duck hunting budget for this year but hope too get either a lease or duck boat too hunt costal marshes next year
praise the LORD and pass the ammunition
ducksausage
hunter

Postby Cut em boys » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:47 pm

Hey fellas I am Aaron from Longview Tejas. This is my first post up here but I second the month long fuge claim. I eventually gave up on that ! anyway im 21 married and just finished my bachelors in marketing. i love to hunt as much as I can :oops: (every weekend). I hunt mostly public in NE Texas but do some private on small woodie smackin sloughs. Ive been huntin ducks for about 11 yrs now and love every minute of it. :yes:
Hillary, a moderate (yeah right) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cut em boys
hunter

Roll Call

Postby MicroMike » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:58 am

I'm Mike, and I live in Sanger, TX. I hunt Ray Roberts and have had successful days and depressing days on the lake.

I grew up hunting everything except ducks.

I have a 2 year old lab and this is my 3rd year of duck hunting. I've killed most every kind of duck in the area, but I have yet to shoot a mallard drake.
MicroMike
hunter

Postby joetxusa » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:19 am

Last edited by joetxusa on Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joetxusa
hunter

Re: Roll Call

Postby joetxusa » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:50 am

Last edited by joetxusa on Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joetxusa
hunter

Postby Wingman62 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:58 am

My names Martin, I live just north of Dallas in The Colony. My 16 year old son and I have been hunting ducks for three years.

Nothin' better than taking the boat, the boy and a good friend out. Hope to add a dog to the mix in the near future. Tough to find Vizslas in the North Texas area.

I hope we have a better year around here this season. It was tough out there last year and the lake levels just keep going down.
Wingman62
Wingman62
Newb

hello

Postby BHUNTER » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:14 pm

my name is roy, im 35 and live in bedford, i hunt mostly in san angelo but would like to try ray roberts one day. i moved here from the big "O" in west texas 10 years ago and love every minute of it, however i do miss the wide open country where you could step off your back porch and shoot deer with a cannon and no one would know, i guess that why i go to san angelo to hunt mostly. i love hunting, have been doing ever since i got my first bb gun; any game, any weapon; bows, rifles, or shotguns it doesnt matter i love the hunt.

be carefull and cya out there.
badges!!! we dont need no stinking badges!!
BHUNTER
hunter

Postby Duckaholic81 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:00 am

Hi Yall,

Name is Jason But everyone just calls me Bubba. I am from Tyler but live in Fort Worth. Went to school at TCU. Been Duck Hunting for about 10+ years now. Ive been a member for some time but just now got into posting. Got two hunting buddies on here. TCUDuckHunter and A&MDuckHunter. Glad to be here and hope to share some great information with yall. Thanks
Duckaholic81
hunter

Postby SoutheastTX » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:09 pm

Hi my name is Chris.I am 19 yrs old and live in Orange, TX My uncle got me into duck hunting about 5 years ago. Since watching the first sunrise in the marsh i've been hooked!!!! I generally Hunt Mcfaddin,J.D Murphee & bessie heights. After 4 years of hunting i killed my 1st greenhead last year. I have a 1.5 yr old FCL. This will be her 1st year really hunting & hope she does good. I hunt & fish all over the place. I hunt Pheasant in MExico & am making a trip to Brazil in Dec. for Peacock Bass
SoutheastTX
hunter

Postby cdowden03 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:02 pm

ducksausage wrote:Howdy Fellas
have a YLF named Dixie 7 mos old being trained by Martin Bell at Shelmar kennels in Katy Tx shes due home from her first 3 mos of training Sept 16

I live in Katy and have a young black lab that I need to get trained in the near future. How well did you like the training that your lab received from Martin Bell?
cdowden03
hunter

Postby JSSwift1 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:22 pm

I'm Jeffrey, 19, single, from Katy, at school in the big town of Lubbock for the time being. Went out the first time when I was 5, killed my first duck (spoony) at the age of 6, and got my own gun at 8 and been slaughtering ducks up and down the coast and in stock tanks ever since. Was a two time Katy Rice Harvest Festival Champion Caller, and have done the calling since I was 7. Lookin to kill my first Goose, Crane, and Mallard this year. Have two dogs back home Pumpkin CLF who is 6, and a stray YLF that is probably 3 or so, neither retrieves well enough for me to take them out. Always looking for new places and people to hunt with, especially right around Katy since the place I used to hunt was sold a couple years ago, and the city slickers that live around my house now always seem to call the cops when I start shooting.
JSSwift1
hunter

Postby cdowden03 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:37 pm

Jeffrey,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you! :salude:

BTW, I live in Katy as well. Is there another Swift family member that might be a hunting guide and maybe went to Sam Houston State University?

Just curious!

Enjoy the site!
cdowden03
hunter

Postby JSSwift1 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:48 pm

Noone in my family went to Sam Houston, we all went west for school.
JSSwift1
hunter

Postby stunnerlabs » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:50 pm

My name is Justin, I am excited about sharing some info. I live in New Braunfels and hunt some public land and a couple of fantastic private lakes. Have two boats and a great dog, and have had duck hunting become my favorite past time.
stunnerlabs
hunter

Postby cdowden03 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:30 pm

:welcome: to the forum Justin. Look forward to seeing some pic's of the New Braunsfels ducks!

I love New braunsfels. Schlitterbaun is a regular summer vacation spot. Gruene is another place that gets into my wallet.

Enjoy the site!
cdowden03
hunter

Postby stunnerlabs » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:15 am

Thanks for having me. I love New Bruanfels best place in Texas! Wurstfest starts this weekend along with some hunting. Shoot deer in Cotulla, shoot ducks in a private honeyhole, or serve beer to gorgeous women at wurstfest! What is a man to do? I like my options though!
stunnerlabs
hunter

Postby DuckMendenhall » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:47 pm

My name is Lee, from Burleson, TX. Live in Houston, work in Katy.

Avid hunter since around four/five and now 27 years, about to get married in March. People do not believe me when I say four/five, I do have a picture of me in a rice field holding a snow goose the size of me, trust me I will find it, and then post.

Graduated from Burleson High, went to Sam Houston State University Class '04.

I have two labs, and a springer spanel...female-Dixie---from Candlewoods Super Tanker bloodline, male-Zeus---from Ebonstar Lean Mac bloodline, and then there is Jake---good ole hangin' bud.

I love my soon to be wife...I thank the man upstairs everyday for her...

I love to Wadefish on the coast, and hunt.

I am always looking for new areas to hunt, because of the growth....that abouts sums it up.
Tight lines...
DuckMendenhall
hunter

Postby cdowden03 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:09 am

:welcome: to the forum Lee, I know you will enjoy it. I also live in Katy (Cinco Ranch) to be exact. I spent many years hunting the Katy rice flats and some favorite pothole ponds out on the prarie.

... and congrats on the upcoming event in March. Getting married is always a life changing event (for the better). :thumbsup:
cdowden03
hunter

Postby bartley » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:29 pm

hey, my name is chris, i'm from michigan, moved to nacogdoches last summer, and am just getting into duck hunting heavy. i co-ran a canada goose guide service in michigan and shot the crap out of em, but the only ducks i shot were the stupid ones that landed in the goose spread.
bartley
hunter

Postby jjtroutkiller » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:09 pm

My name is Joe Stewart and I am 38 years old and married with two boys, one of which is going to be 15 in December and the other is 5. I know what yall are thinking and I was myself but was just too scared to ask for a DNA test. :laughing: I am a shift worker for ExxonMobil in Baytown so that allows me time in the marsh during the week when its not so crowded.
jjtroutkiller
hunter

Postby usmc0311 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:52 am

hey my name is chad and I have been at the duck hunting game now 6 years. I hunt around the Austin area. My first few years were started out at Granger but I have found several new spots that I also frequent now. Gotta love the old bird hunting, nothing else like it.
usmc0311
Newb

Postby cdowden03 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:43 am

:welcome: to the Forum Joe and Chad. Great to have you join in the fun here. :salude:
cdowden03
hunter

Postby jlp04c » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:46 pm

Hey yall, My name is Jacob and i am from Dayton,TX (in between houston and beaumont). I am attending college right now at Abilene Christian University so i Do alot of my hunting up here but i also do alot when i come home. I play football up here so i dont have much time to come home during the fall except for christmas. I have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever named REMI and she is 7 months old. I spend about 10 hours a day with her. She takes the rest of the time that football and school dont.
Comeback Call??? I didn't learn a come back call, I never let them leave.
jlp04c
hunter

Postby DoubleBayou » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:15 pm

Good to have you Jacob. I'm a Beaumont Boy myself.

Man most of us don't/can't spend 10hrs a day with our kids.
REMI is going to be just as good to you in return.
DoubleBayou
State Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Texas Duck Hunting