Roll call

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Postby Jetdrive4u » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:38 pm

Hey all. I am originally from North East Texas but have been a resident of Kerrville, Tx since 2002. My old tournament fishing partner took me duck hunting in Arkansas just before Thanksgiving this year and all I can say about that trip is he got me hooked!!!!!!!!! I have been hunting and fishing all my life but always wanted to go duck hunting and goose hunting for that matter. Who needs drugs or any of that stuff when this is around and SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!! I am 35 and engaged and looking forward to getting my fiance out in the woods with me to experience what I have been trying to explain to her. I think I got her about ready to go out there too!!! :mrgreen: Ain't life grand?!!!!!
Jetdrive4u
hunter

Postby cdowden03 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:45 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jet and congrats on the fiance! Glad to have you on the site. Enjoy! :thumbsup:
cdowden03
hunter

New Guy

Postby TxWingHunter » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:52 am

Hello my fellow hunters, My name is Shawn and have been married for 10 years now. We have 3 kids-10, 3, 18 mths. I started hunting (spectating) around 25, I am 31 now. I say spectating since Ii never had a shotgun or anything to fight the elements.
I think that is the main reason I enjoy hunting, it's the commrodery between family and good ole' boys. I dont have withdrawals if I dont get to pop a bird. However I do go through w/d if I am not in a blind. I am a very late starter as far as shooting goes, but ever since I dropped my first bird, there was not a drug on the street that could replace this sport. I am always looking for advice, tips, etc.

I live in Fort Worth and I hunt in Red River Cc. (deer) and duck hunt in Henderson Co. we use to hunt RCR but its has gotten so terribly low, so now we hunt upland and hit them as they ar flying over.
Anyways thats enough I suppose. Looking forward to talking with ya'll.
"A day in the blind, is worth a week at work"
TxWingHunter
Newb

Postby Gmann » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:36 pm

Aw hell. . .

Gary Willmann, 41 yo, live in Allen, married, two daughters and a fish.

Don't believe any thing J.J. tells you :umm: :hammering:

Phillip an't lying :toofunny:

Been killin ducks for 30 years now :eek: :thumbsup:
Gmann
hunter

Postby Swanyriver » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:11 pm

Hey all,
Chris born in IL, raised in FL, transplanted to TX. 35 yrs old, married with two little girls. Hunted on family farm in Il for rabbits and pheasants, got to go gouse hunting in northern wisconsin. FL slowed hunting with all the ocean and gulf calling. Last 7 years back full bore into everything, deer ,ducks ,hogs ,turkey, snipe, quail, yep if its sporting and fun with friends I'll do it. Moved to Southlake, TX and lo and behold moved next door to a full on duck fanatic, instant friendship and the rest is not history but the future will hope to kepp posted with all future accomplishments. Working my deer hunting bad habits on the neighbor to include everything thats in season from Archery and teal in Sept all the way to spring gobbler in April only leaves 3 months for scouting. LOL :toofunny:
Swanyriver
hunter

Postby Cast_and_Blast » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:48 pm

Supp Fellers :getdown: :salude: :laughing: :hammering:
Cast_and_Blast
hunter

Postby coop06 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:52 am

HEY IM RYAN IM 21 I HAVE BEEN DUCK HUNTING FOR EVERY SINCE I CAN REMEMBER. I AM FROM BAYTOWN AND I HUNT EVERYWHERE THE MARSH, WINNIE, ANUHUAC, THE BAY HAS BEEN THE BEST LATELY BUT NOW ITS TIME TO DO SOME SERIOUS GOOSE HUNTIN. IF ANYONE WANT TO MAYBE GET TOGTHER AROUND HERE AND HUNT NEXT YEAR WRITE ME. OH YEAH I GOT A NEW PUP AND SHE IS IN TRAINING RIGHT NOW.
ryan
coop06
Newb

Postby muddydog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:45 pm

Hello, Im Lance , Im 43 , married to my wife for 20 years. We have 2 sons 14 and 9. who both hunt. I have a 10 month old
yellow lab that Im training now. This was my first year to duck hunt and
I really enjoyed it. We also hunt and fish just about everything in season.
This is also my first year to own a computer and look forward to loggin
in DHC :thumbsup:
muddydog
hunter

Postby T-mac » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:06 am

wassup folks-

Some know me from the Refuge...others don't-
Just found out about this place..see some familiar faces-

If anyone's looking for a new duck rig...check out the boat forum. Got one for sale in there-

Thanks! see you around :thumbsup:
T-mac
hunter

Postby Quackattaq » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:50 am

:welcome: :welcome:
skyblastin is for wussies! Wait till you can look em in the eye!
Quackattaq
Membership permanently suspended

Postby mossyjoke » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:42 pm

Just stumbled upon this forum. As if I needed to find another. :yes: Glad to be here.
mossyjoke
hunter

Postby rlp1970 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:44 pm

:thumbsup:
A HAPPY DAY IS A WARM BARREL
rlp1970
hunter

Postby spanky » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:10 pm

Just migrated over, been a member for a while, don't post much, but that will change.
spanky
hunter

Postby DoubleBayou » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:17 pm

Come on in, we'll make you feel right at home.

You do any predator hunting in the Ennis area?
DoubleBayou
State Moderator

Postby spanky » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Nope, just duck and dove.......sorry

Spanky
spanky
hunter

Postby Smilin' Mallard » Fri May 25, 2007 4:48 am

Did I ever post on this thread? Too lazy to look, but don't think so. My name is Jack Giesecke, from Port Lavaca. I'm semi retired and do small engine work for chump change so I can play until such time as I might get some of my social security money back some day, at least. I hunt a lot at the Guadelupe Delta WMA and various legal spots around the bays here and up in the marshes and tide lands. There are some legal areas at the head of Lavaca Bay and Powder Horn lake, but I usually don't like messing with the boat and Guadelupe Delta is better usually, anyway.

I grew up hunting around Jones Creek (home town)/Freeport (exporters 1971) in the marshes. There's a WMA now where I used to have permission to hunt, Peach Point, but it's usually crowded with the Houston hunters, like going to a Texan's game or something trying to sign in there, in a traffic jam at the gate and no parking left. :no: I hunted there once since the state bought it, but I prefer the hunting down here, much better. I've hunted from San Louis pass south to the land cut past Baffin Bay and I can tell ya, the further south you get, the better it is. :thumbsup: Been duck and goose hunting since the age of 14, that'd be 40 years, and still love a sun up in the marsh. Never get tired of the smell of marsh mud.

Oh, yeah, left out that I have done a little inland stuff. While living in College Station (class of 75, Wildlife and Fisheries Science) I took a few mallards off Somerville lake and a few wood ducks off the Navasota river. I prefer marsh hunting, but it was fun, too.
Smilin' Mallard
hunter

Postby Shiner07 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:30 pm

My name is Cameron and I am new to this Forum. But I am not new to hunting or waterfowl hunting. I have hunted whitetail deer since I was 5, as far back as I can remember. I got into waterfowl hunting about 7 years ago, but just this past season got big into it since I finished the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M. Just boat a new 18' gatortrax boat and my own Grand champion bread Choc. lab, Shiner. He is still just a pup in training though. I have hunted Lakes: Granger, Sam Rayburn, Waco, Whitney, grapevine, and Lewisville. I also hunt on my family land outside of Waco. Still at A&M finishing my Masters in accounting.

I have hunted almost everything besides Africa game, bear, elk, and moose. hunted: Whitetail, black buck, mule deer, south texas deer, feral hog, turkey, duck, goose, and etc.

I also do part time Big game guideing for C.B. Whitetail Ranch on the side to earn some extra cash. http://www.cbwhitetailranchandresort.com/
Shiner07
hunter

Postby keestan31 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:56 pm

My name is Keestan I am from Groves,Tx down by Port Arthur I have been deer hunting all my life and just got into duck hunting a couple of years back I am 20 years old and I go hunting everyday of the season that I am not working
keestan31
hunter

Postby DoubleBayou » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:10 am

Welcome aboard Keestan!

I'm a Beaumont boy. Live in Dallas though.
You will find alot guys from the triangle on here!

Stick around and ask all the questions you want, tell all the stories you got
DoubleBayou
State Moderator

Postby Duckslayer08 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:20 am

Im Blake im 18 been duck huntin since i could stand up..been deer hunting since i was born..Im from Bridge City(golden triangle boy) born and raised hunting sea rim(salt bayou unit) mcfaddin,murphees,gsu right outside of bridge city.. I have a 1 year old black male lab named Tank
at 7 months old he made his first goose hunt last year he brought back 10 geese and 2 ducks..he needs a little fine tuning before duck season so if anyone wants to have a training day im up for it
2004 29 Kawisaki Mudbuddy hyperdrive on a 17' 51" polarcraft w/ BIG BLADE
835 Mossberg"viking"
835 Mossberg Camo
870 20 gauge remington
Duckslayer08
hunter

Postby Rooterduck » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:04 pm

Howdy Y'all...
Names Jeff, live in Lufkin. Hunt mostly public waters (Rayburn, Fork, T-Bend) 43 yrs old. 3 boys, oldest in the Navy. Stationed in Pensicola, W/ Daughter in law and 6 month Grandson. My duck dog had to be put down recently due to cancer. Damn, I miss her. If Y'all come up (or down) to the area, give me a hollar' and we'll sneak down to the ol' duck hole and try to whack a few.

Women love me, and ducks fear me.... Jeff
Howdy fron Deep East Texas.
Rooterduck
hunter

Postby tyerc11 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:57 pm

My name is Cameron, 26 years old. Been duck hunting since I was about 12 or 13. Raised in the East Texas area, raised hunting the Neches River. Moved to Lake Fork my freshman year of high school, and hunted damn near every day of the season during those years. I've shot birds in pretty much every corner of this great state. Got a chance to hunt the North Platte River in Nebraska. Eye opening weather up there. Ha. Just moved to the North San Antonio area...God's country, but still learning the lay of the land. Not many folks trust out of towners to hunt their tanks. Even had a guy shut his front door in my face. Ha. Hope to find a few spots to roll some feathers this season...last year was the first time in 13 years that I didn't shoot a bird. Still trying to get over the loss of my chessie, Gunnar, last year. Damn good dog, and even better hunting buddy. Hollar back and good luck this season. If we get the weather, we should have the birds...sure as heck got the water. Ha.
tyerc11
Newb

Postby BacksloooBob » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:59 pm

:welcome: I've not been on here long but I like it......Pretty sure you'll like it too.Sorry can't help you on your new area, I don't really ever get a chance to hunt that far south but theres probably some guys here that will help you out. :thumbsup:
BacksloooBob
hunter

Role call...

Postby hopelessaddict » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Easton here. This will be my third year to duck hunt. I have hunted dove and small game on family land in central Texas all my life, but never duck hunted until my buddy introduced me. It is an addiction now.
Last edited by hopelessaddict on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hopelessaddict
hunter

Postby DoubleBayou » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:57 pm

Welcome aboard Easton. :welcome:

Sounds like a real good buddy to bring you into this fold. Glad you're hooked.

Welcome to you also Cameron!!!!
DoubleBayou
State Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Texas Duck Hunting