Oconee WMA

For those who enjoy duck hunting in Georgia this is the place to discuss everything from Georgia duck hunting outfitters to hunting pintails, mallards and canvasbacks on lake Seminole.

Moderators: Dep6, Remman, caleb

Oconee WMA

Postby ryan_whitfield » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:57 pm

I've been looking at the map of the Oconee WMA and I was just wondering if anyone knew if there is any good duck huntin to be done out there. Also, are there any requirements and regulations in regards to hunting on it? Where would you recommend putting a boat in at? Any help/advice would be appreciated!
ryan_whitfield
hunter

Re: Oconee WMA

Postby ryan_whitfield » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Would also like any information on Redlands WMA, Rum Creek WMA, and Lake Russell WMA. Thanks!
ryan_whitfield
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Never been to any of those, wish I could help. Don't forget to check DNR website for info on them.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby krazybronco2 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:27 am

if im wrong correct me please but if i remember correctly oconee wma is quota hunt only (as in you have to put your name in the hat to get drawn to hunt) but the others are based on the reagular season for ducks.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby swampmaster55 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:39 pm

i hunt there a good bit.. the oconee area is so popular it is hard to get ur good spot on opening day or weekend if u dont get there and camp out.. some good hunting can be done, however, if u do ur hw.. look at where the river comes into the lake(north end). this is called dyars pasture. the boat ramp is on the river right there.. its a good place to hunt especially a ton of woodies. i usually go up river but down towards the lake score pretty good too usually... however if u get there anytime after 3 on the opener you will easily be 15 trucks deep in line, which is a lot for round here IMO... redlands is also good i hear but never hunted it.. i have my secret spots on oconee that always do me some good(when there is water). if u need more info feel free to pm me. i can try to answer any questions u got..
1648 Wareagle w/ 40 kohler hd sport.. BAMF!!!!
swampmaster55
hunter

Postby bigdickwardaddy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:16 am

Can you duck hunt the redlands wma at any time?
bigdickwardaddy
Newb

Return to Georgia Duck Hunting