RNT Collections

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Re: RNT Collections

Postby AUDuckSlayer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
AUDuckSlayer wrote:My small collection

Very Nice. :thumbsup:
I like the stickered one after the DCs and the Timbre.

Thanks, I got luck when I found that 78 original.
AUDuckSlayer
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 pm

AUDuckSlayer wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
AUDuckSlayer wrote:My small collection

Very Nice. :thumbsup:
I like the stickered one after the DCs and the Timbre.

Thanks, I got luck when I found that 78 original.

I thought that was the one you had been talking about.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby stevezim » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:42 pm

AUDuckSlayer wrote:My small collection.Image

Great collection! Love the old stickered Rich n Tone.
stevezim
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:16 am

I envy this collection. Quality over quantity.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:46 pm

DMBgoosehunter13 wrote:

I envy this collection. Quality over quantity.

X2
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby AUDuckSlayer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks for the kind words.
AUDuckSlayer
hunter

Postby randy marci » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm

the only RNT in my collection. All the rest have been sold off.

this is where all the cool kids put how many ducks they kill
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:03 pm

I know about that one and sure wish I had it. :wink:
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby QwackAddict33 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:39 pm

this is my only RNT call from the collection but will be adding more, im hooked :no:
Hitmen Waterfowl TV- Team Wingmen
Society Staff at Scott Threinen's Molt Gear
Pro Staff at LastCall Waterfowl
Field Staff at GoHuntBirds.com
QwackAddict33
hunter

Postby Scott. » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:54 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:I know about that one and sure wish I had it. :wink:

Significance?
"Honorable scars are not to be penalized."
"There are two kinds of people in the world without beards. Women and boys. I am neither."
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIEEE
Scott.
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 pm

Scott. wrote:

Significance?

It has lots of significance, but I will let him tell you what it is.
Hint: :bow:
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Scott. » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Alright, I must be really missing something.
"There are two kinds of people in the world without beards. Women and boys. I am neither."
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIEEE
Scott.
hunter

Postby randy marci » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:06 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Scott. wrote:

Significance?

Thank you sir, but most won't get the real significance of it's importance to me. This call was used by a comp caller in the early 80's in California by the name of Art Tanner. He was pretty good during his time and actually won a calling contest that I was at when I was 9 years old. I bought this call off of EBAY 4-5 years ago. I actually just kinda stumbled upon it. I put up a pic of it on the 'fuge after someone posted a pic of a similar, but not exactly the same call, and John Stephens stepped in and said...

"Man those are both great calls! Also this is a perfect way to show the difference in Butch's Handmade calls and the ones that were CNC'd by Cope plastics. We get tons of e-mails about this, so I figured this would be a good place to point it out. The call with the green box is a CNC'd Acrylic and the other clear call shown photoed with the other two clear calls is all handmade. What I mean by that is the second clear Rich-N-Tone was all done by hand(turned, polished and cut out). The first call was turned and bored by Cope Plastics, then cut out on a jig by Butch. If you look at the the first call you can see the lip is smaller and the barrel's taper is more of an angled straight line, where the second one the lip is bigger and the taper has more of a natural sweep to it as it progresses to the band. This is a good way to tell the difference in some of the earlier calls. We have started to go back a little to the natural sweeping shape here of late, but of course the newer calls are engraved. Both clear acrylics were Butch tuned calls, but only one is truly handmade.In the late 80's- 99 Cope plastics turned all Butch's acrylics then he would polish them on the lathe and Jig them out. I hope this helps clarify the time line for Rich-N-Tone Handmade Acrylics! If you have any other questions please let us know we will do our best to get them answered for You!
Thanks
John Stephens"

So it is a call that is 100% handmade by the man himself with the current President of RNT giving me a no BS breakdown stating such. After that thread I received multiple PM's with offers for the call for anywhere from $500 to $1000. I politely declined all. At this point in my life, it means more to me given the history behind it and my personal connection with the individual it was made by hand for. May not be significant to most, but just kinda struck me how I stumbled upon it so many years later...
this is where all the cool kids put how many ducks they kill
randy marci
State Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:12 pm

randy marci wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Scott. wrote:

Significance?

Thank you sir, but most won't get the real significance of it's importance to me. This call was used by a comp caller in the early 80's in California by the name of Art Tanner. He was pretty good during his time and actually won a calling contest that I was at when I was 9 years old. I bought this call off of EBAY 4-5 years ago. I actually just kinda stumbled upon it. I put up a pic of it on the 'fuge after someone posted a pic of a similar, but not exactly the same call, and John Stephens stepped in and said...

"Man those are both great calls! Also this is a perfect way to show the difference in Butch's Handmade calls and the ones that were CNC'd by Cope plastics. We get tons of e-mails about this, so I figured this would be a good place to point it out. The call with the green box is a CNC'd Acrylic and the other clear call shown photoed with the other two clear calls is all handmade. What I mean by that is the second clear Rich-N-Tone was all done by hand(turned, polished and cut out). The first call was turned and bored by Cope Plastics, then cut out on a jig by Butch. If you look at the the first call you can see the lip is smaller and the barrel's taper is more of an angled straight line, where the second one the lip is bigger and the taper has more of a natural sweep to it as it progresses to the band. This is a good way to tell the difference in some of the earlier calls. We have started to go back a little to the natural sweeping shape here of late, but of course the newer calls are engraved. Both clear acrylics were Butch tuned calls, but only one is truly handmade.In the late 80's- 99 Cope plastics turned all Butch's acrylics then he would polish them on the lathe and Jig them out. I hope this helps clarify the time line for Rich-N-Tone Handmade Acrylics! If you have any other questions please let us know we will do our best to get them answered for You!
Thanks
John Stephens"

So it is a call that is 100% handmade by the man himself with the current President of RNT giving me a no BS breakdown stating such. After that thread I received multiple PM's with offers for the call for anywhere from $500 to $1000. I politely declined all. At this point in my life, it means more to me given the history behind it and my personal connection with the individual it was made by hand for. May not be significant to most, but just kinda struck me how I stumbled upon it so many years later...

There it is. I almost posted it from the fuge but figured you would want to do it. Awesome call and great story. Thanks for reposting.
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Scott. » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:13 pm

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIEEE
Scott.
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Scott. wrote::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Worth the wait?
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Scott. » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Yes. I wish I had something cool like that to show and tell people...
WOOOOO PIG SOOOOIEEE
Scott.
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:21 pm

Scott. wrote:Yes. I wish I had something cool like that to show and tell people...

Me Too.
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 am

Heres mine updated minus a Ivory Full Scroll DC my brother has. Be adding a few more in the next few days.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:13 am

Dbishop311 wrote:Heres mine updated minus a Ivory Full Scroll DC my brother has. Be adding a few more in the next few days.

I want to see your entire collection of calls both Echos, RNTs, and whatever else you got. :yes:
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:25 am

Might take me awhile to get them gathered up.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby jrode237 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:36 am

Dbishop311 wrote:Heres mine updated minus a Ivory Full Scroll DC my brother has. Be adding a few more in the next few days.

Quite a few "stick-n-tones" for someone that thinks only the old cutters sound good. Glad you finally saw the light.
jrode237
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:50 am

I still prefer my Olt and Echos over RNT. But when you have a box full of Echos you gotta move on to somethin else :wink:
Dbishop311
hunter

RNT Collections

Postby gr8white » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:14 pm

randy marci wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Scott. wrote:

Significance?

Thanks
John Stephens"

Awesome backstory. Doesn't get much better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gr8white
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 pm

If your willing to part with one of those at some point let me know.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum