RNT Collections

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

Re: RNT Collections

Postby 1080tommy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 am

Holy crap, you guys have some awesome collections of RNT calls. I just got my first one which is the DS Diablo but I will say this, I will be getting more because I love the way these calls sound.
1080tommy
hunter
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:58 pm
Location: Northern Illinois


Re: RNT Collections

Postby stevezim » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:54 am

ByersFarm wrote:Nice Steve. I thought that's what shape it was, but I couldn't pick it out with the older RNT engraving. It's a very slick timbre.


Thanks! I have always enjoyed having the custom calls made so I could have something a little different. Plus, it is fun to have hand turned barrels from Butch. In the collection picture, 11 of them are customs of some sort and there are 11 calls that Butch turned the barrels for with the one older call turned entirely by Butch. Have a couple more that aren't in the picture too.
stevezim
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: RNT Collections

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:28 am

WOW guys, such beautiful collections. So which one of all of the RNT versions has the most ducky sounds to it? But yet still has good range? I want to get one!!
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: S.E. PA

Re: RNT Collections

Postby stevezim » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:27 pm

Wobbling Wings Waterfowling wrote:WOW guys, such beautiful collections. So which one of all of the RNT versions has the most ducky sounds to it? But yet still has good range? I want to get one!!


Probably want a daisy cutter or a short barrel...both great calls. The short barrel has more duck in it but the DC has great duck with more volume.
stevezim
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: RNT Collections

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Zim nailed it.

On hand turns, I have a couple myself. Even have a '77-'78 model that was my father's.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12361
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

RNT Collections

Postby gr8white » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Image

I haven't been around for too long...what's the deal with these. Were they a limited run from Mack's or cabelas?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
gr8white
hunter
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Eastern Shore MD

Re: RNT Collections

Postby stevezim » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 pm

gr8white wrote:Image

I haven't been around for too long...what's the deal with these. Were they a limited run from Mack's or cabelas?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The grey call in the bottom of the pic is the current cabelas original limited edition call. The three boxes of calls in the top of the pic were also limited edition signature series calls that RNT put out ( I think in three consecutive years in the early 2000s) . From my recollection, they were not associated with a retailer. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
stevezim
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: RNT Collections

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:03 am

stevezim wrote:
gr8white wrote:Image

I haven't been around for too long...what's the deal with these. Were they a limited run from Mack's or cabelas?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The grey call in the bottom of the pic is the current cabelas original limited edition call. The three boxes of calls in the top of the pic were also limited edition signature series calls that RNT put out ( I think in three consecutive years in the early 2000s) . From my recollection, they were not associated with a retailer. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.


Those were sets 2 and 3 from 2003. They had as many as 4 that year, with set 4 being dymondwood. The other set could've been from an earlier year. They also did a signature call signed by butch per my 2003 catalog.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12361
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

RNT Collections

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:04 am

Image
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12361
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: RNT Collections

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:41 am

Thanks for the suggestion steve!
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: S.E. PA

RNT Collections

Postby gr8white » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:32 am

ByersFarm wrote:
stevezim wrote:
gr8white wrote:Image

I haven't been around for too long...what's the deal with these. Were they a limited run from Mack's or cabelas?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The grey call in the bottom of the pic is the current cabelas original limited edition call. The three boxes of calls in the top of the pic were also limited edition signature series calls that RNT put out ( I think in three consecutive years in the early 2000s) . From my recollection, they were not associated with a retailer. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.


Those were sets 2 and 3 from 2003. They had as many as 4 that year, with set 4 being dymondwood. The other set could've been from an earlier year. They also did a signature call signed by butch per my 2003 catalog.

Good stuff...thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
gr8white
hunter
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Eastern Shore MD

Re: RNT Collections

Postby ColoradoGooser » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:40 am

ByersFarm wrote:Image

Whoa,look at those prices!
$105 for a Butch call :eek:
$255 for a pair in presentation box. :eek:
I would have been very broke back then.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
User avatar
ColoradoGooser
hunter
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:25 am
Location: Northern Colorado

RNT Collections

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:10 am

ColoradoGooser wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:Image

Whoa,look at those prices!
$105 for a Butch call :eek:
$255 for a pair in presentation box. :eek:
I would have been very broke back then.

Yeah. If we had only known.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12361
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: RNT Collections

Postby stevezim » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:44 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Image


Pretty cool to see the old catalog with the Collectors calls! ByersFarm, I just figured out where you got those 3 sets...I bid on those as well and really wanted to pick those up. The price tag was just more than I was willing to lay out. Would love to have those in the collection. Very cool. :thumbsup:
stevezim
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: RNT Collections

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:48 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Image

Cool catalog Byers
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
User avatar
The Duck Hammer
hunter
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am
Location: NW Arkansas

Re: RNT Collections

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:34 am

stevezim wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:Image


Pretty cool to see the old catalog with the Collectors calls! ByersFarm, I just figured out where you got those 3 sets...I bid on those as well and really wanted to pick those up. The price tag was just more than I was willing to lay out. Would love to have those in the collection. Very cool. :thumbsup:


They were right at what individual stickered calls go for. Add to that that they were a set, and I couldn't pass it up.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12361
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: RNT Collections

Postby stevezim » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:39 am

ByersFarm wrote:
stevezim wrote:Pretty cool to see the old catalog with the Collectors calls! ByersFarm, I just figured out where you got those 3 sets...I bid on those as well and really wanted to pick those up. The price tag was just more than I was willing to lay out. Would love to have those in the collection. Very cool. :thumbsup:


They were right at what individual stickered calls go for. Add to that that they were a set, and I couldn't pass it up.


Don't get me wrong. I think you paid a fair, if not great, price to pick them up. I just wish I had the money at the time to spend on them. They were a great pickup and very nice set of calls! :thumbsup:
stevezim
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: RNT Collections

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:51 am

ByersFarm wrote:Image

Anything else unique in the catalog? I see an OSDC on the left there.
User avatar
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:26 am
Location: Maryland

Re: RNT Collections

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:24 pm

stevezim wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
stevezim wrote:Pretty cool to see the old catalog with the Collectors calls! ByersFarm, I just figured out where you got those 3 sets...I bid on those as well and really wanted to pick those up. The price tag was just more than I was willing to lay out. Would love to have those in the collection. Very cool. :thumbsup:


They were right at what individual stickered calls go for. Add to that that they were a set, and I couldn't pass it up.


Don't get me wrong. I think you paid a fair, if not great, price to pick them up. I just wish I had the money at the time to spend on them. They were a great pickup and very nice set of calls! :thumbsup:


Not at all man. No worries. They were up once before, but for some reason no one bid. I can't believe they came up again with little interest.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12361
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: RNT Collections

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 pm

DMBgoosehunter13 wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:Image

Anything else unique in the catalog? I see an OSDC on the left there.


Yeah the first gen OSDC, and there's a page about the unveiling of the MVP.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12361
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: RNT Collections

Postby stevezim » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Not at all man. No worries. They were up once before, but for some reason no one bid. I can't believe they came up again with little interest.


Saw that too. After they didn't sell the first time, I contacted the seller and made him an offer that would have netted him (after ebay fees) more money than he got from your purchase but he declined. Oh well. Win some, lose some.
stevezim
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: RNT Collections

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:15 pm

stevezim wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:Not at all man. No worries. They were up once before, but for some reason no one bid. I can't believe they came up again with little interest.


Saw that too. After they didn't sell the first time, I contacted the seller and made him an offer that would have netted him (after ebay fees) more money than he got from your purchase but he declined. Oh well. Win some, lose some.


If I come across some more I'll let you know.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12361
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: RNT Collections

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:16 pm

I actually tried the same thing steve. I'm not sure why he listed them again.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12361
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: RNT Collections

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:42 am

bump
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12361
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: RNT Collections

Postby WTN10 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm jelly.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
User avatar
WTN10
hunter
 
Posts: 14016
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Western Tunisia

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests