Suunto Core

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Suunto Core

Postby DanJeffandJack » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:24 pm

fgreen04 wrote:I don't have a core but I do have one of the Suunto Vectors and I really like it. Suunto makes a quality product.

now we're talkin. Positive reinforcement.
vincentpa wrote:The southern boys get it all. It's not right.
User avatar
DanJeffandJack
hunter
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: On the Scooter!!


Suunto Core

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:25 pm

DanJeffandJack wrote:
fgreen04 wrote:I don't have a core but I do have one of the Suunto Vectors and I really like it. Suunto makes a quality product.

now we're talkin. Positive reinforcement.

And he's from my hometown. Don't trust him
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 8990
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Suunto Core

Postby DanJeffandJack » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:31 pm

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:Apparently no one read my post on the first page........ :no:
ctdeathfrombelow wrote:Was seriously considdering a suunto as my everyday watch, but decided on a Luminox instead. Casio makes the G Shock watch line which I would still prefer over a suunto. Theres too many G Shocks to list but I think the Frogman is close to what you are looking for. I chose my Luminox because it has large easy to read numbers and is lit with Tritium rather than a battery powered light so all I have to do is raise the watch to read it night or day, with out using 2 hands. It's also waterproof up to 200 meters which is waaay deeper than my bathtub. Deciced I didnt needed all the other fancy stuff: If I am wet I know its raining and if I cant touch the depth is over 6 feet. :beer:

you're always bringing me down with your negativitity.
vincentpa wrote:The southern boys get it all. It's not right.
User avatar
DanJeffandJack
hunter
 
Posts: 9412
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: On the Scooter!!

Re: Suunto Core

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:49 pm

Legendary durability
Unmatched tritium insert
Manlier than it needs to be
Indestructible
Not too flashy or
Over the top
Xeno'lithic
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12579
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Suunto Core

Postby bighop » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:07 pm

Image
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6572
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Suunto Core

Postby slowshooter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:33 pm

So has the Suunto given anyone wrist cancer yet?
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Suunto Core

Postby bighop » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:41 pm

slowshooter wrote:So has the Suunto given anyone wrist cancer yet?

Well, DJJ has disappeared....
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6572
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Suunto Core

Postby slowshooter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:20 pm

bighop wrote:
slowshooter wrote:So has the Suunto given anyone wrist cancer yet?

Well, DJJ has disappeared....


Molecular dissolution is a hallmark of bad technology. :lol3:
All this for a bowl of borscht.
User avatar
slowshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 9019
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

Re: Suunto Core

Postby T Man » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:00 am

Just talked to him. He's been in residency and it sounds like there's barely enough like for him to scratch where it itches.

Shouted from the bottom of a well
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5591
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: Suunto Core

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:18 am

T Man wrote:Just talked to him. He's been in residency and it sounds like there's barely enough like for him to scratch where it itches.

Shouted from the bottom of a well

Please, he was working on his putting just last week.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 8990
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Suunto Core

Postby T Man » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:30 am

I asked if he had made friends with a black surgeon, a smokin blonde, and a sassy latin nurse, or if he had made mortal enemies with a nameless janitor...no response.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5591
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: Suunto Core

Postby Ducks&Bucks07 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:21 am

I've got the Suunto ambit 2. Difference is It can hold hundreds of waypoints as a GPS, and for us hunters who actually do something called working out to get in shape for mountain bow hunting it can track your workouts. Great watch. Got it as a freebee from my buddy who works at Solomon. Wouldn't pay the $550 retail for it but its a cool gadget to have.
Ducks&Bucks07
hunter
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:05 am

Re: Suunto Core

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:11 am

Ducks&Bucks07 wrote:for us hunters who actually do something called working out to get in shape for mountain bow hunting it can track your workouts.

So what you're saying is it just tracks where you jog opposed to knowing in your mind what is 1 mile, 3 miles, etc on a path you run and doing simple math or using an app on your iphone?
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 8990
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Suunto Core

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:52 am

whistlin_wings wrote:
Ducks&Bucks07 wrote:for us hunters who actually do something called working out to get in shape for mountain bow hunting it can track your workouts.

So what you're saying is it just tracks where you jog opposed to knowing in your mind what is 1 mile, 3 miles, etc on a path you run and doing simple math or using an app on your iphone?

Sounds like he`s saying his buddy stole him a watch
User avatar
OGblackcloud
hunter
 
Posts: 12436
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: Suunto Core

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:01 am

Ducks&Bucks07 wrote:I've got the Suunto ambit 2. Difference is It can hold hundreds of waypoints as a GPS, and for us hunters who actually do something called working out to get in shape for mountain bow hunting it can track your workouts. Great watch. Got it as a freebee from my buddy who works at Solomon. Wouldn't pay the $550 retail for it but its a cool gadget to have.


Who gets in shape to hunt??
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.


WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: I'm borderline retarded .
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 11995
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Suunto Core

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:04 am

DanJeffandJack wrote:Lady friend says she doesn't like the fact I wear a plastic digital watch with my shirt and tie. She says I look retarded and need a nice clean analog to wear. I think that is only more reason to buy the suunto.


It's become very clear that you will NEVER wear the pants in any relationship.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7318
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Suunto Core

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:06 am

bighop wrote:Image


:lol3: :lol3: I have this exact watch on my wrist as we speak!
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7318
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Suunto Core

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:07 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Ducks&Bucks07 wrote:I've got the Suunto ambit 2. Difference is It can hold hundreds of waypoints as a GPS, and for us hunters who actually do something called working out to get in shape for mountain bow hunting it can track your workouts. Great watch. Got it as a freebee from my buddy who works at Solomon. Wouldn't pay the $550 retail for it but its a cool gadget to have.


Who gets in shape to hunt??


Me
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7318
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Suunto Core

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:08 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:Image


:lol3: :lol3: I have this exact watch on my wrist as we speak!

PFFFT !!! Rich Doctor Problems
User avatar
OGblackcloud
hunter
 
Posts: 12436
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: Suunto Core

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:09 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Ducks&Bucks07 wrote:I've got the Suunto ambit 2. Difference is It can hold hundreds of waypoints as a GPS, and for us hunters who actually do something called working out to get in shape for mountain bow hunting it can track your workouts. Great watch. Got it as a freebee from my buddy who works at Solomon. Wouldn't pay the $550 retail for it but its a cool gadget to have.


Who gets in shape to hunt??


Me


Get out.
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.


WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: I'm borderline retarded .
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 11995
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Suunto Core

Postby bighop » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:18 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:Image


:lol3: :lol3: I have this exact watch on my wrist as we speak!

I had to go check and make sure mine was still here. After the question about the office staff, I thought maybe you were trying to move in and take over my identity...
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6572
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Suunto Core

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:21 am

bighop wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:Image


:lol3: :lol3: I have this exact watch on my wrist as we speak!

I had to go check and make sure mine was still here. After the question about the office staff, I thought maybe you were trying to move in and take over my identity...

I'm still honing my identify theft skills, so you're safe. You've got good taste, hop -- watches and office staff!
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7318
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Suunto Core

Postby bighop » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:25 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:Image


:lol3: :lol3: I have this exact watch on my wrist as we speak!

I had to go check and make sure mine was still here. After the question about the office staff, I thought maybe you were trying to move in and take over my identity...

I'm still honing my identify theft skills, so you're safe. You've got good taste, hop -- watches and office staff!

Ah good thing. I figured I was safe for at least a while while you bulked up to look more like me...
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6572
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Suunto Core

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:40 am

bighop wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:Image


:lol3: :lol3: I have this exact watch on my wrist as we speak!

I had to go check and make sure mine was still here. After the question about the office staff, I thought maybe you were trying to move in and take over my identity...

I'm still honing my identify theft skills, so you're safe. You've got good taste, hop -- watches and office staff!

Ah good thing. I figured I was safe for at least a while while you bulked up to look more like me...


:lol3: This DHC town ain't big enough for the both of us...
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7318
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Suunto Core

Postby bighop » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:42 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
bighop wrote:Image


:lol3: :lol3: I have this exact watch on my wrist as we speak!

I had to go check and make sure mine was still here. After the question about the office staff, I thought maybe you were trying to move in and take over my identity...

I'm still honing my identify theft skills, so you're safe. You've got good taste, hop -- watches and office staff!

Ah good thing. I figured I was safe for at least a while while you bulked up to look more like me...


:lol3: This DHC town ain't big enough for the both of us...

I know places where they'll never find more than gator crap with black hoodie scraps if you get too close, bub.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6572
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OHIODUCKA5, sprigpig1, TheMiz, WoodyWhiffingMG and 33 guests