Ithaca Mag-10 pics

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Ithaca Mag-10 pics

Postby CSAKing » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Who here has love for the Ithaca mag 10? Im buying one in two weeks when I go back down to the coast. Who heres got one? What do you have done to it? Post some pictures!
CSAKing
hunter

Re: Ithaca Mag-10 pics

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:41 pm

I have one. Its my favorit gun I own. One heavy gun. Only problem with mine was that it got some rust on barrel and recever. It has a parkerized fininsh so i just soaked it in oil and cleaned it up with steel wool. Will try to post pis later. :thumbsup:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby lckstckn2smknbrls » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:29 pm

My brother has one from the last year of production. It has screw in chokes and he put on camo butt-stock and fore stock from the Remington SP-10. Yes they do fit.
lckstckn2smknbrls
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Sp 10 and Mag 10 are the same gun remington bought the patten from ithica
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby CSAKing » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:22 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:Sp 10 and Mag 10 are the same gun remington bought the patten from ithica

Not exactly. They bought Ithaca and the design for the mag-10. They reworked it to supposedly "make it better". The only parts I think that are interchangeable are the stock an forend.

Has anyone done any barrel work on there guns? I would like to be able to shoot bb's out of it so I'm assuming I'm going to need to get the barrel threaded for chokes because it's a full choke barrel?
CSAKing
hunter

Postby Duck_Hunter12 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Here's mine, mag-10 supreme, factory 32" full choke barrel, shoots and patterns T shot really well. been using if for a year now. no malfunctions, study well made, awesome trigger in it, bought it to have one like grandpa. Shopped around long enough and picked it up for $375 at a local gun shop. really nice when you don't have to haul it around for a while. Haven't had any barrel bulging shooting steel through full barrel yet.
Duck_Hunter12
hunter

Postby mike cook » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:10 pm

I have two of them, One has 30 barrel with factory screw in chokes and the other one has a factory mod barrel . Both guns shoot like a dream with no malfunctions.
Heavy yes, you wont want to go for a long hike with one of these boys on your back, But you may do it any way just to have a good gun when needed.
Good luck with yours ! :clapping:
"AMERICA FIRST" !
JOIN THE " NRA "
mike cook
hunter

Postby CSAKing » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:07 am

Duck_Hunter12 wrote:Image

Here's mine, mag-10 supreme, factory 32" full choke barrel, shoots and patterns T shot really well. been using if for a year now. no malfunctions, study well made, awesome trigger in it, bought it to have one like grandpa. Shopped around long enough and picked it up for $375 at a local gun shop. really nice when you don't have to haul it around for a while. Haven't had any barrel bulging shooting steel through full barrel yet.

That thing is sexy. Wonder if anyone on here has had one dipped in camo? I am assuming you would would have to get sp10 synthetic stocks first
CSAKing
hunter

Postby mike cook » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:10 am

Good luck finding a set of synthetics these days there hard to come buy! :sad:
"AMERICA FIRST" !
JOIN THE " NRA "
mike cook
hunter

Postby goose_gunner » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:06 am

i had one and it was awesome it was cut down to 28 and choked and ran amazing down to -20 and never miss a beat but my browning gold lite is so much faster handling and points alot better too but the mag 10 is still a amazing gun
There is a special place in duck hunting hell for sky busters
goose_gunner
hunter

Postby tonycscott » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am

CSAKing wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:Sp 10 and Mag 10 are the same gun remington bought the patten from ithica

Not exactly. They bought Ithaca and the design for the mag-10. They reworked it to supposedly "make it better". The only parts I think that are interchangeable are the stock an forend.

Has anyone done any barrel work on there guns? I would like to be able to shoot bb's out of it so I'm assuming I'm going to need to get the barrel threaded for chokes because it's a full choke barrel?

I think Briley makes the only safe thin wall chokes for this beast.
tonycscott
Newb

Postby kjl845 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:55 pm

I have two, one with factory oil finished stock, matte finish 32" full choke, the other matte finish and supreme grade wood with an oil finish cut to 26" chokes installed by Tru-Lock. Mag 10's will outlast any semi auto currently made, all machined steel solidly built goose killing machine. I have shot lots of steel shot through both and never had any problems although Bismuth was the best out of the full choke gun.
kjl845
hunter

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum