RNT Goose Calls

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

RNT Goose Calls

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Looking into getting a high end goose call this year and was wondering if RNT goose calls are the same quality as their duck calls. Which one of their goose calls sounds the best?
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Re: RNT Goose Calls

Postby tornadochaser » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:02 am

I've hunted with the G2, kelly powers, dirtybird, and G3. The dirtybird is by far my favorite. I have not tried the warbird or mongoose yet.

Sent from my DROID Pro
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:06 am

tornadochaser wrote:The dirtybird is by far my favorite. I have not tried the warbird or mongoose yet.

That, but they quit making them and mine isn't for sale.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 am

The rnt guys have little business making goose calls in my opinion. They make arguably the best duck calls in the world and these just seem to be thrown together, they don't sound good, no depth, not capable of making multiple tones. And I've blown every call they have come out with since the G2. The only call I would think about putting on my lanyard would be the dirty bird. But it would still not be a top choice. There are so many good goose guys out there making quality goose calls(lynch, grounds, field, zink, saunders, mann)why settle for an inferior product in my eyes. I understand the whole RNT loyalty but the line for loyalty should be drawn when your forced to use a lesser product. That list doesn't even mention the dozens of small call company's dedicated to goose call making (wing lock , GK not so small anymore, basin, black timber) the list could go on and on. Rnt is about as close to the bottom on that list for me as you can get, this coming from a guy who's got a mondo and a short barrel on the lanyard as we speak, along with a few cutters at home.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:37 pm

From what I gather on the two new goose calls (the Mongoose and Warbird) they have some gut issues. From some people who have run them, they say that the reed doesn't feel like it fits the gut...like said above, I would go with a company that is well known for their goose calls :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby sewergoon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:17 pm

So you don't think Shawn Stahl is qualified to make (design) a goose call?
sewergoon
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:55 pm

What's a determining factor For bein qualified?? If its making a good soundin goose call with well built guts then no I don't, now is he a fine caller yes. But just cause your good at something doesn't mean you an do everything associate with that act well. Many baseball players were very very good but couldn't teach a kid how to hit a lick.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby sewergoon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Should Tim Grounds not make duck calls? Everybody blows a call differently but most of the time it's the caller not the call. Obviously everybody is entitled to there own opinion but saying RNT should stay away from goose calls is kind of rediculous
sewergoon
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:09 pm

And yes ground should stay away from duck calls. They are like rnt with goose calls, half assed with very little Effort put into them when compared to other calls by the maker. Rnt makes great duck calls, Tim grounds makes great goose calls (this is funny because this is exactly what's on my lanyard at the moment). Not the other way around. I see no reason for them to make te other in my opinion as they are not their main focus and so not given as much time, whether that be development, testing what have you.
How's my spelling WTN10

Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby sewergoon » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:51 am

Fair enough.
sewergoon
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Sweet Meet is a pretty good call...just sayin' :yes:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Jamie T » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:49 pm

mayhem96 wrote:Sweet Meet is a pretty good call...just sayin' :yes:

And it is an Echo insert in that call.
Jamie T
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Jamie T wrote:

I've heard heard does some things to it :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:45 pm

mayhem96 wrote:
Jamie T wrote:

I've heard heard does some things to it :thumbsup:

That is, of course, what everyone using Echo inserts claims.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Can't speak on the newer calls...G3, Microgoose, Warbird, or Mongoose. My personal favorite RNT goose calls are no longer made. My favorite was the original Kelley Powers Sig. call. Awesome power and volume, but super nasty on the low end stuff too. The Dirty Bird was my second favorite. It was a great companion call(when tuned to my liking) to the KP model. Just wish it had a little more open bore. Never liked the G2 at all.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum