my SBE 1

A shotgun forum for basic gun smithing, repair, modifications, and all other detailed shotgun information.

Moderators: waterfowlhunter, don taylor

Re: my SBE 1

Postby Duckslayer19 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:42 am

Benelli's do like lighter weight oils. Synthetics work great too since they don't gunk up as quickly. As for clp In mil spec weapons, remember that they are gas operated and use gas pressure to force the bolt back, rather than recoil/inertia.
X2 on letting the bolt slam shut as well.
Duckslayer19
hunter

Postby geordie tom » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:49 pm

geordie tom wrote:After a lot of emails i did get a hold of a wolf spring from a dealer in Liege France. I cost a lot of money at 18 euros but this did include delivery. So i can accept that. I fitted the spring and the gun worked fine for 20+ shots, i had one jam but that was caused by me, not pulling the gun in to my shoulder firm enough, the gun seems a lot improved now with this spring.

Hello i am still having grief with this gun, it seems it just wont shoot lighter loads as it used to, it has a problem now i have this wolf spring instaled it just fires the case but wont eject and some how it throws one out of the magazine and tucks it under the bolt :help: I feel down with this now it is a let down, and missed a full morning shooting today due to taking this THING to pieces to try and make it shoot. I have been shooting widgeon today with 3.5 inch bbs costing me dearly. WHY! is it doing this.
geordie tom
hunter

Postby dduckman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:51 pm

ICDEDTURKES wrote:One of the guys on a turkey forum whom is a gun nut and a chemist highly recommends a new product dubbed "weapon shield" claiming it is superior to all other gun lubes.. I will be trying it once my CLP is gone.

This stuff is awesome.
dduckman
hunter

Postby johnmoses » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 pm

FP-10 is the best lube you can use, on your GUN that is. And the Military uses it too.
johnmoses
hunter

Postby geordie tom » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:57 pm

I found the trouble, my fault used too much hytran. The gun was filthy in the back tube, and the oil slowing things down damping the inertia system. I have started using a lighter synthetic grapite lube, the gun is faultless now even in the cold. The tips on oil pointed me in the right direction to solve it, fingers crossed its looking reliable now. :thumbsup:
geordie tom
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Repair & Modifications Forum