I love this time of year!!!!

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

I love this time of year!!!!

Postby deertoducks » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Though things at work have been pretty crazy all summer and I hadnt had much time to do alot of the things I enjoy doing, I told myself I'm gonna be sure I make the time to get on the water and in the woods when September arrives, works been pretty busy and I hate to pass up any work that comes along but I did manage to sneak out a few times and get some hunts in :thumbsup: All the late nights setting stands in the dark and doing all the work at my bear bait site paid off, I even managed to get out on one early season goose hunt. I love this time of year.......

Heres a few shots of some of the success I've had this month. I hope everyone has a successful and safe killingseason :beer:

deertoducks
hunter

Re: I love this time of year!!!!

Postby Ithaca33 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:24 pm

my girlfriend and I live in CT while we are finishing up our degrees but we plan on moving to NH as soon as we are done. about 18 more months!!!!

in any case these pics are making me horribly jealous! great shots
Ithaca33
hunter

Postby chefletch » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Nice work! :hammer:

i too love this time of year!

I do have to say i am kinda jealous, being a chef in NH this is a busy time of year for me...most days during a work week i am up early to go hunting then to work by 10 or 11, to work until 9 or 10, to get home and repeat. i usually have to be selective when i go hunting based on functions/staffing/etc so i am not brain dead when i need to make important decision, etc.

i wish i was not so busy in the fall, what do you do for work that has you busy in the summer?
If it Flies, It dies.... if it's brown knock it down
chefletch
hunter

Postby Benny8 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 am

Congrats D2D :thumbsup: Looks like a pretty good start to the fall. It is also my favorite time of year :beer:
Benny8
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:22 am

Congrats on the success! Looks good :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby Rise and Shine Retrievers » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:13 am

Between my real job and taking on training clients from Apr - Sept, I can't wait for Oct 1. All the training stops, let the games begin!

Everyone please be safe out there this year. Good luck.
Preserve game, use a well trained retriever.
Rise and Shine Retrievers
hunter

Postby rickbr » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Nice! Looks like a good start to the season
rickbr
hunter

Postby deertoducks » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Thansk guys :thumbsup: Thankfully I have been pretty lucky the few times of been able to make it out, I hope it rolls right into duck season. Good luck to everyone taking the kids out this weekend.
deertoducks
hunter

Postby deertoducks » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:36 pm

chefletch wrote:Nice work! :hammer:

i too love this time of year!

I do have to say i am kinda jealous, being a chef in NH this is a busy time of year for me...most days during a work week i am up early to go hunting then to work by 10 or 11, to work until 9 or 10, to get home and repeat. i usually have to be selective when i go hunting based on functions/staffing/etc so i am not brain dead when i need to make important decision, etc.

i wish i was not so busy in the fall, what do you do for work that has you busy in the summer?

I do nuisance wildlife removal for a living, soon as may hits the coons start having babies in attics, chimneys and so on... then the woodchucks and skunks start getting crazy, by end of may through early Sept. the bat calls start coming in and its all I can do to keep up with everything, usually by sept things start to slow down. Pretty much fall into winter is all beaver, red squirrel gray squirrel and flying squirrel and small rodent work. usually a bit of a lull this time of year but hope the rodent call start to fly in once the nights start getting cold and we get few good hard frosts.
deertoducks
hunter

Postby chefletch » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:09 pm

that is some "Live Action"... :lol3:

i am sure you keep busy! it always boggles my mind when people don't understand why wild animals do what they do..especially when you feed them one day and the want them gone the next(for example), which i am sure you have encountered before. or when people say.."stupid racoon is in my shed" when in actuality, they are smart because they are trying to stay warm and comfortable as their inticts tell them to.
If it Flies, It dies.... if it's brown knock it down
chefletch
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting