Do you hunt with or without boyfriend/husband?

A place for women who love the outdoors to meet and discuss things important from her prespective.

Moderators: Outdoor Gal, LadyK, NorCal Cazadora

Postby Fear the long hair » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:02 pm

How many of you hunt with significant other? or Do you have all the stuff yourself?

Ps I love a big burley duck hunting man :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Fear the long hair
hunter

Re: Do you hunt with or without boyfriend/husband?

Postby Fear the long hair » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:04 pm

and LADIES lets see your dogs!!!
Attachments
46472_4324484466653_1488797356_n.jpg
my girl
Fear the long hair
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:24 am

Great looking dog! My non-hunting lab is 14. :( I'm thinking about getting a pup about the time my little guys start going to school.

I almost always end up going out with my husband. Just kind of the way it works. We have fun, and honestly, I'm more into it, know more, and can call better than most of our friends that may go with us. lol. One of the reasons I've worked on calling so much is so I CAN go out by myself when I have the chance.

I did get out once during early goose season without him. Had the birds patterned, got permission on the X, and then they decided to go to a different field the following day. Grr. He's going upland hunting for a week this October and I'll be staying home with the munchkins, I think they'll spend a morning at Grandma's house while he gone and I'll go out for a solo hunt. Towards the end of the week, I think I may need the break. Love 'em to pieces and they're good little guys, but they are turning 3. :wink:
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby buckshot_betty » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:50 am

I hunt with friends usually. It's not unusual for me to take off with just my dog for some upland. Occasionally my hubby will come along. He doesn't like to bird hunt. :sad: I just don't understand!
buckshot_betty
Newb

Postby aunt betty » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am

Took the wife hunting a few times.
Her butt gets cold .
The end.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby diverchasin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:14 pm

I grew up hunting, mostly big game (black bear), so when my boyfriend took up duck hunting it wasn't too hard to convince me to tag along. For the first season, though, I didn't have a shotgun so I was just an observer on this tiny, nearly antique boat without any of the right gear...Didn't go more than a few times. But after that season I bought the shotgun, waders, parka, bibs, calls, etc and we've been hunting partners for about five years running. I love it! (and him :wink: )
diverchasin
hunter

Postby Outdoor Gal » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Looks like my husband and I are going on more "couples" hunts this season. lol. His brother normally comes with us, but he's been more interested in running his beagles after rabbits this fall and hasn't even picked up a duck stamp yet. I doubt he will at this point.

I've got a birthday party to get ready for this week, the boys are turning 3. After the party, I'll be doing some more scouting near home. Hopefully, I can get access to some fields around here. We've had more geese showing up this week. I'd like to find something close to home, where I can hunt an evening or two. My husband will be going to the U.P. bird hunting later this month. It's easier to drop the boys off for an afternoon at Grandma's, than have them spend the night.
2009 Season Totals
2 - Baby boys

"Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life." ~ Annie Oakley
Outdoor Gal
Forum Moderator

Postby TXWingStinger » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:27 pm

That's a good looking pup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TXWingStinger
hunter

Postby Fear the long hair » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Well thanks for all the NICE replies :thumbsup: !!! YEA I have only been with people I'm dating or guys! I would love to have a girl to hunt with but then who would pick me up out of the water when i fall :yes: !! I recently went scouting with MY NEW "guy" and had a blast! So I want to see some pics this year of y'alls hunts/ out shooting the BOYS!!!haha I can't wait ! I'm so excited that I'm getting to go to Arkansas opening weekend and this will be my time ever! :grooving: My BF is going to Kansas the first week in November! HAHA he's going without me then I'm going without him! :thumbsup: I plan on killing more than him! KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME !!! OH yea thanks for the COMPLIMENT ON my LITTLE sweet baby! Her name is LORETTA! She is also getting to go to arkansas as a 6 month old PUP ! So we will seeeeeeeeee!
Fear the long hair
hunter

Postby Girlshunt2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 pm

If it wasn't for my boyfriend I would have never gotten into duck hunting. I have rode horses all my life. And when I met my boyfriend two an a half years ago he turned me into a duckaholic. :) I haven't given up since. I love duck hunting with him and his friends. They have all accepted me and personally I think I out shoot some of them most of the time :P I look forward to duck season more than horse shows now. And occasionally drag my sister along. She doesn't like to shoot but does enjoy being out there with us. I love hunting with my boyfriend. It give us Time to relax and enjoy what we both love. Plus we can laugh and joke and catch up, as we both have really busy jobs and schedules ! The best feeling is when he introduces me as his partner in crime. And guys always ask us if we're a husband /wife team. He always tells them soon to be :))
Girlshunt2
hunter

Postby Burruel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:32 pm

I have been hunting ducks for three years. It's been an adventure collecting decoys, calls, guns, and a boat.

I introduced my girlfriend to the sport, we have a great time... I started her lanyard... now if I could just get her to practice.

39.JPG
"All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things."
"If the NBA was on channel five and a bunch of frogs making love were on channel four, I’d watch the frogs, even if they were coming in fuzzy.” Bobby Knight
Burruel
hunter

Postby Countrycowgirl7 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:06 pm

If it was not for my husband I would not have gotton into duck hunting and I am so glad that he had me go, I love to hunt with my husband I would not trade our time spent together for anything, I would like to find some women though who would like to get into duck hunting or some that are already into it to go with :biggrin:
Countrycowgirl7
hunter

Postby Luluwashburn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:18 pm

I mostly hunt with my husband or my dad, it just works out that way. I'm not the best of caller so to go solo I better have a really good decoy spread and good cover, haha. We are still working on getting a duck dog as our bulldogs don't make good retrievers, this makes a solo hunt more difficult too.

We became hunting buddies the first year we were together, our second date was hunting grouse. I had previously hunted mostly ducks, he was interested but never had anyone to go with and show him the ropes. The next year we got a boat and some decoys, thankfully he is a natural at every call he picks up. We have been hunting buddies since. It is something that we can do together and both enjoy. We spend many weekends shooting clays, it never gets old.
Luluwashburn
Newb

Postby KFITZ » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:42 pm

I hunt with my husband, though I have not went duck hunting with him yet only archery deer and loved it, plan on doing some water fowl hunting next season I wouldn't trade the time we spend together hunting for anything I love it, Im waiting for the day I get a deer and get to brag to him about it! :grooving:
Couples that hunt together, Stay together
KFITZ
hunter

Return to Outdoors Women Forum