Good Luck Youths!

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

Good Luck Youths!

Postby Benny8 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:24 am

Good luck to all the youths and mentors heading out today! Have fun and be safe :thumbsup: Post up some pics of your day afield.
Benny8
hunter

Re: Good Luck Youths!

Postby killnkyle » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:10 am

:ditto: I went scouting this morning and for the life of me couldn't figure out why a guy at the gas station had his canoe full of decoys and gear. I hoped he wasn't hunting already. But, I guess 0430 isn't the best time for me to be thinking, :hammer: since later on I realized what was actually going on. Good luck kiddos!
When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first.
Ernest Hemingway
killnkyle
hunter

Postby Benny8 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 am

Had a fun morning with the kids. The birds were not as cooperative as a couple weekends ago, but we had a great time. My daughter Coli went 0 for 4 and then finally connected with her first duck ever, a greenwing teal. I was very proud of her. Zach never got a chance to shoot, but was happy to be out there. We have been fortunate to mentor these two who are the future of our sport.
Benny8
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Great pics Benny. Congrats to your daughter on her first bird. :thumbsup:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby Cigarz » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:51 am

Congratulations to your daughter! Mine are still a few years away from going in the field with Daddy, but these pics sure put a sparkle in their eyes- thanks for sharing!
It's better on the water.
Cigarz
hunter

Postby Benny8 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:45 am

Well today was Zachs turn! The field didn't pan out, so Kwacker took him jump shooting, and he did awesome with three beautiful drake woodies! Nice shootin' Zach!
Benny8
hunter

Postby Benny8 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 am

Cigarz wrote:Congratulations to your daughter! Mine are still a few years away from going in the field with Daddy, but these pics sure put a sparkle in their eyes- thanks for sharing!

Thanks Cigarz! We got a couple of good kids here :beer:
Benny8
hunter

Postby teebone » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:02 am

Just want to thank fish and game for youth weekends. My son and i had a great day saw tons of ducks and even got one will try to post pictures later. So as we are putting are face paint for the hunt and my son tells me how are you going to cover that white beard your going to scare the ducks. Thought i would share that with all of you it actually got the day on a good foot.GOOD LUCK TO THE YOUTHS :lol3:
teebone
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Awesome work getting the kids out, congrats to everyone :thumbsup:
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby deertoducks » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Well done :thumbsup:
deertoducks
hunter

Postby poor_duck » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:51 pm

good work!!! :thumbsup:
poor_duck
hunter

Postby goosenducks4life » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Congratulations to both my daughters for shooting mallards this weekend!!!! All was great except the hunter that came out just to see how many "kids were shooting up his hunting area" and ended up flaring ducks with him and his dog. If he reads this lease try very hard to understand that this wonderful sport we enjoy NEEDS the youth of today to have a future.
goosenducks4life
Newb

Postby NHDuckHunter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:21 am

goosenducks4life wrote:Congratulations to both my daughters for shooting mallards this weekend!!!! All was great except the hunter that came out just to see how many "kids were shooting up his hunting area" and ended up flaring ducks with him and his dog. If he reads this lease try very hard to understand that this wonderful sport we enjoy NEEDS the youth of today to have a future.

Unfortunate, but at least it could be used as a good teaching moment for the kids.

"there's jerks everywhere, but the best way to deal with them is like this kids"

I had been scouting pretty heavy for weeks and kept all the stuff inside last weekend.
NHDuckHunter
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting