New truck thoughts?

Discussion about Trucks, Cars, Motorcycles, & Trailers.

Moderators: fowl_wishes, whisperin' duck, KCDuckMaster, ajmorell

Re: New truck thoughts?

Postby ajmorell » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:03 am

whisperin' duck wrote:
ajmorell wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:
ajmorell wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:
vlb wrote:completely empty they run great, but load them up..... the little TTv6 shows its still a v6 and hunts for gears and struggles on hills. we took my buddy's ecoboost fishing with his 21ft boat and 11mpg is all she got pulling the boat along with constant up shifting and down shifting just trying to stay at 70mph with cruise control on.

2 questions....

1) what gears did she have? I'm guessing 3.55s, I've never heard that complaint from anyone with 3.73s or 4.10s.

2) what kind of mileage do you think a conventional v8 1/2 ton would get pulling the same 21' boat?

IMHO a conventional v8 would get around 14 or so at 70. However, the v8 wouldn't be searching for gears which would make your tranny last a bit longer.

You're delusional if you think a conventional v8 gets 14 towing a 21' boat....hell with a boat that big I bet a diesel doesn't see better than 15

Huh, I remember pulling my 20' chapparrel ski boat to the lake and getting 13-15mpg depending on how hard I drove. Did that with an 02 f-150 supercrew 5.4 and an '04 f-150 supercab with the 5.4 as well. But I know nothing about trucks so hey...

*cough* BS *cough*

I find it extremely hard to believe you got 15 mpg pulling a 4000+lb boat behind a truck that barely gets better than that with no load...
Andy
ajmorell
Forum Moderator

Postby Sfd714 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Is that boat only weights 4 thousand lbs any good running Diesel probably wont even know its pulling any thing.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby vlb » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:50 pm

Well I guess I was lucky they didn't drop thier price. What I was looking for was XL F150 5.4 V8 , long wide bed, extended cab, in silver.
vlb
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 pm

ajmorell wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:
ajmorell wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:
ajmorell wrote:
2500hdon37s wrote:
vlb wrote:completely empty they run great, but load them up..... the little TTv6 shows its still a v6 and hunts for gears and struggles on hills. we took my buddy's ecoboost fishing with his 21ft boat and 11mpg is all she got pulling the boat along with constant up shifting and down shifting just trying to stay at 70mph with cruise control on.

2 questions....

1) what gears did she have? I'm guessing 3.55s, I've never heard that complaint from anyone with 3.73s or 4.10s.

2) what kind of mileage do you think a conventional v8 1/2 ton would get pulling the same 21' boat?

IMHO a conventional v8 would get around 14 or so at 70. However, the v8 wouldn't be searching for gears which would make your tranny last a bit longer.

You're delusional if you think a conventional v8 gets 14 towing a 21' boat....hell with a boat that big I bet a diesel doesn't see better than 15

Huh, I remember pulling my 20' chapparrel ski boat to the lake and getting 13-15mpg depending on how hard I drove. Did that with an 02 f-150 supercrew 5.4 and an '04 f-150 supercab with the 5.4 as well. But I know nothing about trucks so hey...

*cough* BS *cough*

I find it extremely hard to believe you got 15 mpg pulling a 4000+lb boat behind a truck that barely gets better than that with no load...

Not me brah. For what reason would I lie or make that up? Now, I didn't say the trucks were stock. They had cold air, throttle body spacer, electric fans, exhaust, and a tune with stock tires. When you go to putting bigger tires on you lose mpg.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Previous

Return to Vehicle forum