Semi-experienced hunter looking for new parters

Share your insight with others in the North Dakota duck hunting forum in the heart of the Prairie Pothole Region.

Moderator: Chris_Hustad

Semi-experienced hunter looking for new parters

Postby Nodnyl » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:26 pm

I posted this in goosechat as well but thought I'd put it here too.

First off I'm 27 and have been on the serious side of waterfowling for a couple years now but have hunted for as long as I can remember. I'm basically sick of being an unpaid guide when I barely even know what I'm doing. I have no good hunting partners to speak of. I am and probably always will be the only person with decoys. I'm the only person that does any scouting and even then I work 50 hours/week so it's basically scouting Friday night for the Saturday morning hunt which usually doesn't work out that well. I've got an extra blind and I have no problem bringing out people that are new to it and introducing people to hunting; that part I enjoy. It's being the only person that puts forth the effort and funds to keep doing it when others that I hunt with are more than capable of putting in some time and effort that I get sick of. Everyone wants to go as soon as I find a spot but they're always busy when it comes time to scout. I set out the decoys while they stubble their blinds and talk about how they don't know how to do that so they'll just let me do it so they don't screw it up (I hardly know what I'm doing as previously stated). Go by myself? I get asked why they weren't invited.

So anywho, I live in Minot and hunt primarily south of town but would love to experience new areas and types of hunting. I've never successfully hunted over water nor have I ever hunted snow geese, both of which I'd love to try. If you bring me to your spots, they'll remain your spots just as I would expect the same from anyone I shared spots with. I've got all of my own stuff and decoys to add to any spread if needed. As of yet I don't do any calling in the field because it'll do nothing to help at this point but I'm attempting to learn when I can and would love to get some tips on that as well. I hunt upland as well as waterfowl and would like to get into predator hunting but I'm not much into big game hunting.

That's my story so if you need new partners as well or would be willing to take an apprentice under your wing I'd love to do some shooting!
Nodnyl
Newb

Re: Semi-experienced hunter looking for new parters

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:02 pm

I have a hunting house not far from Minot...good area.

Drop me a PM and I'm sure we could have room at some point, especially for snow geese.

We do hunt ponds occasionally and one of my hunting partners has 3 layout boats for divers. We kind of do it all.

Chris
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Return to North Dakota Duck Hunting